• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

AK4490 USB Dac with dsd support.

Pbd.. Thanks for reminding me.lol

We did a comparison with of diff supply class ab lat mosfet before and there is no right answer
Smps experiences.. Fast speed. But lacks bass Weight and lows. Clean. Low noise usually. Brightest.
Capacitance multiplier. Quiet,darker, more clean than crc. Neat 3d. In the right setup.and associate equipment. Look into music more. Wrong setup just too clean. A little more difficult to get right.
Crc or clc more body but a little more bright and simbilance and most musical and bass weight {more muddy} safest sound choice for me. Provided no hiss and noise.

Thanks, AnthonyA. I think I will go with Sonny's standard trafo caps setup as a start when time comes. Also because he then has full influence on everything and then later try out Connextronic's IRS2200 with amp and smps on same board - just for fun :) Thanks again for sharing your experience. BR, Per

I don't think you understand me correctly. I'm not talking about SMPS in general, I'm talking about SMPS from Cresnet. Sonny's amplifiers sounded great with them. I can't say the same thing about Hypex, Conexelectronic. I used these SMPS, they were much worse than a classic PSU. But SMPS from Cresnet sounded so good that I decided to keep it and use it in a final draft, it sounds great. But it is only my opinions and that of my friends. Two cents from me, so :)

Oh, I see... Sorry for the slow take up speed in the upper appartment ;) I'll do some reading up on the Cresnet and other (?) SMPS with the same technology. I gather from you and Livingstone that unregulated and quasi resonant is what makes them suited for AB poweramps? Thanks again for the valuable feedback, Vitalica. BR, Per

I tried to find Cresnet. Landed on a site for a company called Crestron... They had psu pruducts named Cresnet but that looked more like industrial stuff... Found the diyAudio link to posts from a guy called Cresnet and that looked more like it :) But visiting his site diy-smps did not show any products to buy. His site Micro-Audio looked like a store with a picture of an audio smps but nothing happened clicking on it :( Not even the About link showed any info... Can you lead me by the hand on this? BR, Per - confused

Last edited:
Hi all.

I am sorry for my lack of viewing this thread and comment on it.

I have been put in hospital first time the 2.october .... Before thaat i was going to a lot of checks at my doctor and specialized doctors.

It turned out that i had a good tumor in my head ... It is called Cushing Syndrome.

And i got operated on the 15. of october. It has been status quo with energy until the last days. and it has got slowly better. I have slept all day and night and only been awake for a few hours. The operation was a succes, i was only very slowly recovering from it.

I will try to access it more often, but it depends that i have good days.

- Sonny

Hi Sonny ,So sorry to hear of your illness and surgery, I hope you recover quickly and completely! Was the illness caused by the tumor or did cortisol levels play a part?
Eat healthy ! Get a lot of rest/sleep and do what you can to reduce stress levels. So often our symptoms are treated but then we are sent on our way - on our own to do the right things to recover and to keep more from happening down the road - not much money in preventative maintenance I guess .... Kind wishes , Dean