• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

AK4490 USB Dac with dsd support.

images (7).jpeg

Interesting
Hdmi lvds to i2s

Which can be fed via B2 smsl

This can also be a good solution

Dac for sale

I'm selling my Mirand dac, because I have some new projects :)

It's the Mirand Ak4490, with, spdif and USB. Sonny's awesome balanced discrete output board. Frontpanel, and a Mirand cabinet.
Both frontpanel and output fits the new Dac AK4493.

There is also a linear psu with regulators from newclassd, mundorf capacitors, and an audio transformer from toriody.

Price 480€ plus transport for everything.

Anders

Attachments

• IMG_2881.jpg
    IMG_2881.jpg
    61.2 KB · Views: 302
  • IMG_2880.jpg
    IMG_2880.jpg
    47.2 KB · Views: 310
  • IMG_2883.jpg
    IMG_2883.jpg
    31.1 KB · Views: 298
I got quite finicky connection using usbridge. And usb ports keep failing. I tried to cut pin 8 last year and tried to supply using external 5v and it made it worse.

So I finally tried again. Cut all input pin as well. 1 3 and 8 of the nte 0505 and supply 5v using lt1963a.
Now the USB works perfect. No dropout. And a substantial improvement in Sq. Maybe something wrong with my nte or shunt regulator could not handle the extra load. Idk

Much deeper front to back. Much more slam. And hidden details.. If your bored with your 4490... Try it.

Hey where is Sonny.. Still waiting for news on my new stuff.

So.

I got quite finicky connection using usbridge. And usb ports keep failing. I tried to cut pin 8 last year and tried to supply using external 5v and it made it worse.

So I finally tried again. Cut all input pin as well. 1 3 and 8 of the nte 0505 and supply 5v using lt1963a.
Now the USB works perfect. No dropout. And a substantial improvement in Sq. Maybe something wrong with my nte or shunt regulator could not handle the extra load. Idk

Much deeper front to back. Much more slam. And hidden details.. If your bored with your 4490... Try it.

Hey where is Sonny.. Still waiting for news on my new stuff.

So.

I have tried some similar recently. Using an iFi idefender, I cut the 5v from an allo USbridge and instead provide it from a powerbank. I do have a Shanti, but currently lent it to a friend.

I noticed a significant improvement in clarity and bass texture.

I have tried some similar recently. Using an iFi idefender, I cut the 5v from an allo USbridge and instead provide it from a powerbank. I do have a Shanti, but currently lent it to a friend.

I noticed a significant improvement in clarity and bass texture.
Thanks a lot for sharing. I saw a post over at the Shanti forum from someone trying the same with two Xiaomi powerbanks and reaching the same conclusion. I would have thought that the output from a powerbank would be impaired by nouse from the dc-dc conversion / rectification. Has anyone done some measurements on the dc 5v out from a good powerbank? --- Per

Last edited: