• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

AK4490 USB Dac with dsd support.

We did a last minute update to the dac.. It made it perform better at 384khz 32 bit...

Also software is tested using Windows 10 and volumio.

In volumio it plays Native DSD 256.

Attachments

• IMG_20190523_114710.jpg
    IMG_20190523_114710.jpg
    660.9 KB · Views: 291
Sonnya, what do you mean?
Are you going to integrate your dac in the volumio firmware so that hardware settings like volume control can be done through the volumio user interface?

Yes that is some of the thoughts. We have all the signals in the 30 pin FFC connector. So we only need a patch board to connect to the uart on the RPI.

Hi all. I am working hard on the documents.

But i have given an overview of the connectors on the board. And it is very versatile.

Have a look. And feel free to ask.

The u.fl. to I2s will fit on J8 and accepts I2S PCM only up to 192KHz/24Bit.
USB is up to PCM 384KHz/32Bit and DOP128 or DSD256 (Native)
RX2 and RX4 on J23 is up to 192KHz/24Bit. They are not enabled in the software but it is easy done.

Attachments

• usb dac v1.2a AK4493 a4 marked.jpg
    usb dac v1.2a AK4493 a4 marked.jpg
    335.2 KB · Views: 343
Last edited:
Hi all. I am working hard on the documents.

But i have given an overview of the connectors on the board. And it is very versatile.

Have a look. And feel free to ask.

The u.fl. to I2s will fit on J8 and accepts I2S PCM only up to 192KHz/24Bit.
USB is up to PCM 384KHz/32Bit and DOP128 or DSD256 (Native)
RX2 and RX4 on J23 is up to 192KHz/24Bit. They are not enabled in the software but it is easy done.

Sonnya,

looking at the picture could you elaborate more on J13 pins?
It is a 3 pin connector, one pin is “…open drain output for switching ON-OFF external PSU…” as you wrote.
My understanding is that this pin is normally floating and that DAC V1.2 can put this pin to ground, but it is not clear what kind of event triggers it.
Maybe a signal on one of the inputs (usb – spdif- toslink) ?
Please explain.
Thanks.

Sonnya,

looking at the picture could you elaborate more on J13 pins?
It is a 3 pin connector, one pin is “…open drain output for switching ON-OFF external PSU…” as you wrote.
My understanding is that this pin is normally floating and that DAC V1.2 can put this pin to ground, but it is not clear what kind of event triggers it.
Maybe a signal on one of the inputs (usb – spdif- toslink) ?
Please explain.
Thanks.

I have attached a schematic of that section.

J13 and J11 is taken directly across U15 DC/DC converter. If that is to noisy for your taste, you can provide an external power source.

J13 can drive a relay with 5V coil. Just remember the diode (1N4148/1N4004 - 1N4007 .. any standard diode) across the relay coil or the mosfet gets destroyed. (J13:1 +5V, J13:2 Enable by shorting J13:2 to GND through the mosfet, J13:3 GND)

The schematic shows how to connect an external power source.

Attachments

• USB DAC MAIN BOARD V12a usb power.pdf
    22.3 KB · Views: 83