• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

AK4490 USB Dac with dsd support.

Hi Sonny
Lets assume i use all 3 input

1.. usb from my computer
2.. from my dvd player
3.. optical from my tv

of course i only use 1 at the time,,but all 3 cable is connected

how will the dac now what input i use ?

Best Bjarne

It is delivered with a simple display. Which accepts encoder, and apple classic remote (NEC RC5)

Or it can be controlled by the preamp.

Last edited:
USB DAC V1.0 problem

I purchased a V1.0 DAC a few years ago and began using it about 4 or 5 months ago. Was absolutely amazed at how good it sounded. I recently added a Curious Cables' USB cable to the mix and was again amazed at the improvement.
One day the DAC just quit working. I supply it +6.0V and +-14.7V with AMB Labs sigma 11 and 22 power supplies. I noticed that the 6.0V supply was not working and that transistor Q1 was dead. Likely a power surge. Fixed that and the DAC was back up and running, or so I thought.
I use a MacMini as my music server and now it doesn't always recognize the DAC when it is on. When it does recognize it, I get terrible sounding music from Pure Music only. I-tunes and streaming from Safari produce nothing.
Am I correct in assuming that the USB receiver is ruined?
I have tried different cables and even a different MacMini and neither has fixed the problem.
Any other suggestions. I miss my DAC.
Dan

Hi Sonny
did you find the old version driver for Oled display?

Attachments

• d9b23ee95f7d153af48ed62c2da18157.jpg
    d9b23ee95f7d153af48ed62c2da18157.jpg
    318.2 KB · Views: 614
Having tried to access Sonnya's Mirand site for about 10 days, my browser is showing that Miranda is now an unsafe site and recommends that it is not opened.

Is anyone else having this problem?

EDIT: THIS was with Safari 11.1.2 on a Mac. Tried again in Opera and no problem!

Last edited:
Hi,. I've been gone for a while and looking for the latest firmware versions for the DAC and display in the setup below:

Mirand DAC v1.0 with display and preamp
- w/the USB board for updating the OLED

Currently the firmware installed is the one available when it was shipped.

I am combing through the posts and not sure which are the latest.

Thank you and any help is much appreciated.

Last edited: