• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

AK4490 USB Dac with dsd support.

Balanced Input Board for Amp

Hi

I got the balanced inout board for the new amp a week ago, and I must say that's really good. At the beginning the sound was more detailed, the instruments where more separated. And the sound is a bit more warm.....but it was lacking in the top, it was good but I missed the crispy top.... but after a couple of days burnin the top really got crispy. So now it just sound amazing in every way - so I can really recommend to use the new input board.

Cheers

Aboe

Delivery time and prices

I got asked today how thing looks like regarding delivery.

Updated USB DAC V1.2a with new clock domain and AK4493 (Minor changes need for the AK4493): We will receive 20 boards (7 sold, 13 left) board week 42 shipment week 43.
New/modified Gain Module : We have 28 pcs left but we will receive 40 boards (30 sold, 38 left) in week 42. So shipment in week 43
Shield board for the discrete output stage : 1 in stock, We will receive 20 boards (8 sold, 13 left) week 42 shipment week 43
New Balanced Preamp (which will be changed to use gain modules that we also use for DAC) : We will receive 20 boards (3 sold, 17 left) Delivery week 42 shipment week 43

We're glad for you ,Aboie , that you've got the modules. We, unfortunately, are still waiting. We are at week 47, and no news from Sonny ...

Hi Vitalie and others.

I do understand you and i am a bit tired of it to. Not because of any of you.
I have made a cooperation with another company that should benefit me and my customers giving better PCB prices and more work to get a step up giving me the ability to hire an extra assembly people.
They wanted me to be at there location so that we could benefit from it. Giving Synergy.

They only thing it have given me is longer travel time. 2 hours each day away from my laboratory and production facility and giving them some knowledge. without gaining from it.

Yesterday they wanted me to get there today because they had a meeting that i should attend. Well knowing that i have products that i need to ship out.
But today was the drop that filled my glass. Because when i arrived they told me that i should not attend the meeting! So i lost a whole day that i could have used on finish the products and ship them!!!!

That is not good because i do not get things shipped and get angry customers.

BR

Sonny

Hi Vitalie and others.

I do understand you and i am a bit tired of it to. Not because of any of you.
I have made a cooperation with another company that should benefit me and my customers giving better PCB prices and more work to get a step up giving me the ability to hire an extra assembly people.
They wanted me to be at there location so that we could benefit from it. Giving Synergy.

They only thing it have given me is longer travel time. 2 hours each day away from my laboratory and production facility and giving them some knowledge. without gaining from it.

Yesterday they wanted me to get there today because they had a meeting that i should attend. Well knowing that i have products that i need to ship out.
But today was the drop that filled my glass. Because when i arrived they told me that i should not attend the meeting! So i lost a whole day that i could have used on finish the products and ship them!!!!

That is not good because i do not get things shipped and get angry customers.

BR

Sonny
That must be SO frustrating. I feel for you and wish that you can find a good way out. Those guys do not sound like the right partners for you... Or maybe you should telling them what you expect of THEM. Take care. All the best, Per

I've got plenty of other DIY audio projects going on so I can wait, I'm in no rush

See that is usually what happens here... People like Sonny doing DIY stuff for the community but also has fully finished commercial product offerings. What do you think he will do? Of course he will put all efforts towards the commercial company and I would do the same.

But then, people here are complaining of delays of their DIY offerings (yes a understand), which Sonny decided to gracefully share with us. By complaining like this, it only makes these DIY vendors want to get away as far as possible from our DIY community. They're not making much profit with us and the commercial consumer side is way more lucrative in the end. Less hassle, more profit, finished products that people don't thinker with equals less headache... I think we all know this part.

Let's all make an effort and help these fellow vendors help us instead of thrashing them and adding more pressure to them. I love my DIY projects and we are so lucky to have great people sharing with us. Let's keep the DIY spirit and the stress away!

All the best!
Do

Is the time long, when we are waiting for dac and similar .. yes it is,,,just like
presents for Christmas,,,

but we also know it can take some time before the table and dishes are clean ,so we can come to the time ,where all are ready to give the presents

the waiting time can be quite exciting,,, all the things in our head ,where we imagine how good it will sound,,i like this feeling

Best Bjarne

How many of Sonny's commercial clients have you guys chatted with? Are you sure their projects are priority? Yes I agree the DIY clients are not put in a major bind when they get their products late. But not the case when dealing with commercial clients who paid big money and are relying on the products to run their business.

All my orders shipped timely and completely. I have two A1 V1.2 amp boards, a power supply, and soft start. I ran into issues with Hypex being delayed and the timing eventually was too far apart for the project so I asked for my money back. No harm no foul, things happen. I've done DIY commercially in the past and it starts to lose its fun when it stresses you out in your day job. Getting behind is horrible and people don't always help. Some people would send me money when I didn't have an item for sale! Reflecting on my past experiences I would do the following only sell items which were completed, if demand outstripped supply I would raise prices or create a wait list with a no obligation commitment.

As for my build, I'm taking my time and I've ordered a great Takachi case http://www.takachi-enclosure.com/data/c16/HYR_02.pdf with enough cooling and space for four amp modules. I'm studying new skills to complete the assembly and by Q1 next year I will have an amazing amplifier that rivals the best that I've ever heard. It will also be a point of pride because I helped in its creation. :cheers: I'll be sure to share the journey as it becomes clear. Heck maybe I'll even put it on a website as I have loads of free time because of my current job being located in India, away from my family.

Last edited: