• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

AK4490 USB Dac with dsd support.

Allo usbridge sound is fantastic if you feed it with a good supply.. Just the os software can be a pain..the os like to lose detection of the usb port every few weeks and you have to load back from backup

Thanks Anthony for the detailed info.

The issue could be down to the USB cable not seating properly, possibly on the Allo USBridge side. I faced such issue last week, a simple change in filter on dac caused the HQPlayer to hang and eventually the dac disappeared from the devices list. Rolling back the diet-pi to the previous back-up/ re-flashing a fresh download couldn't fix it. After few days of trying multiple things it was tracked down to USB cable which was not seated properly on USBridge side.
I use a normal USB cable I got as free accessory with a dac, generic USB cable and wall wart PSU to power USBridge.

Getting ready slowly.
Hope to have a listen in the next few days.

Attachments

• IMG_20181031_103412[1].jpg
    IMG_20181031_103412[1].jpg
    978.9 KB · Views: 374
I wanted to congratulate Sonny for this awesome A1V1.2 amplifier. It's great! Very detailed, with a superb dynamics, the voices are clear and unimaginable. For me it best sounded a 400 mA bias. I am very anxious to listen to the new DAC and preamplifier that should come soon.

Attachments

• 20181106_004653_resized.jpg
    20181106_004653_resized.jpg
    400.1 KB · Views: 516
Transformer.. I've had a hard time to believe the size when I realized it with respect to the board itself.. beautiful all out effort..

Mine is only a fraction of the quality in the ps - but still sounds very good.

I'm sure I have seen this dac before. Isn't it a classic Russian design?
Do you still have a V 1.0 Mirand dac?

Ciao, George

Transformer.. I've had a hard time to believe the size when I realized it with respect to the board itself.. beautiful all out effort..

Mine is only a fraction of the quality in the ps - but still sounds very good.

I'm sure I have seen this dac before. Isn't it a classic Russian design?
Do you still have a V 1.0 Mirand dac?

Ciao, George

George , excused me from my late answer.
Yes, it is a very good Russian DAC. But I think it's not the case to talk to him here in Sonny's thread.
I have DAC V1, but I could not use it because the volume set in it remained at a minimum and I could not solve it anymore.
Now I'm waiting for the new DAC with AK4993, which I do not know at what stage it is.

Last edited:
No problem at all!
And thanks, yes I have noted that design too.

George , excused me from my late answer.
Yes, it is a very good Russian DAC. But I think it's not the case to talk to him here in Sonny's thread.
I have DAC V1, but I could not use it because the volume set in it remained at a minimum and I could not solve it anymore.
Now I'm waiting for the new DAC with AK4993, which I do not know at what stage it is.