• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

AK4490 USB Dac with dsd support.

If you can Sonny, give us a peek at the new shield you're working on :)

I am going to make discrete opamp Sections that are semi symmetrical . Input will be LTP, second stage is an current mirror, followed by an buffer. This Way it will only have "single gain stage".

I could make it symmetrical but complexity will grow a lot.

But more will follow tomorrow morning

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The attached opamp design is the one i will use for the discrete output shield.

As we only have 100mA i total to the outputstage we will have an maximum of 15 - 20mA per opamp to be on the safe side.

This opamp will rest at around 14mA.

I have chosen npn bjt in the input stage as the source impedance's are relatively low, and with bjt we will get a lower offset than with JFET which for 2sk2145-BL is around 20mV. For BJT we can get down to 1/10 of that. And because of the symmetrical loading of the opamp, there is no extra offset build up by the mismatch of source impedance's.

2 opamps will be used for balanced and 1 for balanced to singleended conversion on the output per channel.

BR

Sonny

Attachments

• npnopamp.pdf
    38.8 KB · Views: 302
Just 2 shots from volumio on pi2 with the USB DAC

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    58.4 KB · Views: 886
I have found a solution for changing filter. The frontpanel makes it possible. The USB DAC reads the selected filter from the front panel as well as sending the type of data stream that it receives.

We have have test an OLED display in december with 64x256 pixels.

This frontpanel has IR receiver. and will be the same used for the preamp.

We will make a brown colored Plexiglas front for it..

BR Sonny

I have found a solution for changing filter. The frontpanel makes it possible. The USB DAC reads the selected filter from the front panel as well as sending the type of data stream that it receives.

BR Sonny

Amazing, these ideas make us more convenient. Thanks a lot.
Please use codes for Apple remote.

BR Sonny

This is going to be a killer feature!! Way to go Sonny! :cheers:

Do

Hi, Pdb has purchased an assembled variant of the DAC from me.

I have attached a picture series how it could be done.

BR

Sonny
Hi Sonny, Looks really neat :) I am eagerly looking forward to hearing it (that's was huge understatement! ;) Very grateful to you for assembling it for me when I couldn't do it myself due to health. THANKS a lot and all the best, Per

Last edited:
For the preamp designs i will use my jfet discrete opamp i designed In april 2013. It is still State of art regarding size and Performance
For the preamp designs i will use my jfet discrete opamp i designed In april 2013. It is still State of art regarding size and Performance

IMG_0231-001.jpg

The match the layout of dip8 single opamps.

I stumbled over this post from Sonny in the TSSA 1.7 thread. These must be the discrete opamps that are used in the output board for the balanced version of the DAC. Very impressive work. These fellows are tiny...