• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

AK4490 USB Dac with dsd support.

I do not find words to describe the admirable sound of this DAC:):):)
i supply it with one Reflector at 6.20V and one Bib +/-14V
Many thanks for all Sonny.

Attachments

• P100816_20.560001.JPG
    P100816_20.560001.JPG
    770.2 KB · Views: 1,020
Last edited:
Hi vitalica.

They will be ready by next week.

We have changed the size of the heatsink and added a low noise smps before the +5.5V low noise regulator.

But everything still fits in the space

The wrongly made LPS (V1.0) does work but is limited to 200mA on the +/-15V and 100mA on the +5.5V (can be adjusted from +5V to +6V)

I sell the LPS V1.0 to 75€/pcs until the 9pcs are gone.

Hi Sonnya,

No news about the new version LPS?
Unfortunately, I can not finish the project :(

BR

I work a lot on PCB designs at the moment. Just ask bavmike.

Tomorrow when i have spoken with the PCB manufacture i can tell more.

It uses larger heatsinks now. PCB has ventilation holes around the heatsinks.

The +5.5V which generated a low of heat is made up of an LM2674M simple switcher with fixed frequency so the noise from it is very low. On top of that it is followed by a low noise voltage regulator from TI. TPS7A4700. So the +5.5V is very low noise as well and heat is lower.

Attachments

• lps v20.png
    lps v20.png
    73.3 KB · Views: 687
Hi Sonnya,

Is this version of the frontpanel capable to send sw commands to any AK4490 dac?
At least volume control and filter settings change ...

I have similar question about 1 months ago and so far no response from Sonny.

Quite frustrating actually. It seems to use this DAC to its full potential, we will need to buy the full package of pre-amp, front panel, chassis etc.

Last edited: