Go Back   Home > Forums > > >

Vendor's Bazaar Commercial Vendors large & small hawking their wares

AK4490 USB Dac with dsd support.
AK4490 USB Dac with dsd support.
Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 16th January 2021, 06:33 PM   #2291
vitalica is offline vitalica  Europe
diyAudio Member

I am very happy that I finally managed to finish this project with Sonny's TSSA V4 amplifier. I made a dual mono variant, with 2x52VAC / 1000VA transformer, with RIFA PEH169 capacitors. These modules were bought some time ago and I tested them with the classic + 50VDC PSU. They sounded good, but not so much that I thought of finalizing them in a case. But after an accident, I fed them with - + 72VDC and I was very surprised by what I heard.
I don't have the talent to describe the sound, but I can say that it beats any amplifier I made in class AB (some of them are Goldmund 9.2, Telos 400, Accuphase 701)
Very detailed, huge dynamics, fast bass and fist, I just love it.
I would like to thank Sonny with all my heart for all his products and for all his help over the years. He is a great talent and I am very happy to have met him through this forum. I wish him good health and I hope that we will hear from him wonderful things in the field of audio.
Old 16th January 2021, 07:31 PM   #2292
cOz is offline cOz  United States
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by vitalica View Post
I am very happy that I finally managed to finish this project with Sonny's TSSA V4 amplifier. I made a dual mono variant, with 2x52VAC / 1000VA transformer, with RIFA PEH169 capacitors. These modules were bought some time ago and I tested them with the classic + 50VDC PSU. They sounded good, but not so much that I thought of finalizing them in a case. But after an accident, I fed them with - + 72VDC and I was very surprised by what I heard.
I don't have the talent to describe the sound, but I can say that it beats any amplifier I made in class AB (some of them are Goldmund 9.2, Telos 400, Accuphase 701)
Very detailed, huge dynamics, fast bass and fist, I just love it.
I would like to thank Sonny with all my heart for all his products and for all his help over the years. He is a great talent and I am very happy to have met him through this forum. I wish him good health and I hope that we will hear from him wonderful things in the field of audio.
WOW!!! Nice build.
Old 16th January 2021, 08:56 PM   #2293
diyAudio Member

cOz , Thank you !
Old 17th January 2021, 03:54 PM   #2294
pdb is offline pdb  Denmark
diyAudio Member

Vtalica - Wow, wow and wow. The looks... And if the sound from the V2 boards that I have lying on Sonny's shelf, waiting for me to order an amp built is just half as good, I guess I have something good in store Thanks a lot for sharing, Vitalica

Last edited by pdb; 17th January 2021 at 03:57 PM.
Old 17th January 2021, 06:09 PM   #2295
diyAudio Member

Thank you PDB for your appreciation and I guarantee you, your V2 amplifier will sound great and you will be very happy! Once again, Sonny is a great talent and we must be very grateful that he shared with us his valuable products!
Old 18th January 2021, 01:19 AM   #2296
cOz is offline cOz  United States
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by vitalica View Post
Thank you PDB for your appreciation and I guarantee you, your V2 amplifier will sound great and you will be very happy! Once again, Sonny is a great talent and we must be very grateful that he shared with us his valuable products!
Did you have a V2 amp before?

Thanks
Robert
Old 18th January 2021, 02:20 PM   #2297
diyAudio Member

I didn't have a V2. But TSSA V4 is the older brother and has the same scheme but with 2 final transistors, so it should sound good.
But all the amplifiers I have from Sonny: TSSA 1.7; TSSA 1.8, Mirand 1V12 sounds very very good.
Old 19th January 2021, 05:32 AM   #2298
pinnocchio is offline pinnocchio  Canada
diyAudio Member

Very nice build as always Vit!!!

I wish I could hear it!

Enjoy it!!

Do
Old 19th January 2021, 07:23 AM   #2299
diyAudio Member

Thank you , Do !!
Old 21st January 2021, 05:48 PM   #2300
sonnya is offline sonnya  Denmark
diyAudio Member

It is one of the most beautiful amplifier I have ever seen Vitalica.

AK4490 USB Dac with dsd support.Hide this!Advertise here!