• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

AK4490 USB Dac with dsd support.

It will work with any DAC that has differential voltage output.

AKM4495
AK4396
WM874X
CS4398

Soekris is singleended. but it should be possible to use it , just one leg of the input of this shield is connected to J7-output pin, the other one to GND on J7, this way it will prevent an ground loop.

ES9018 in voltage mode without changes.

ES9018 in current mode with changes.

Hi, The new output shield is now done.

It will be ready to ship within 2 weeks.

The shield alone will cost 167,5€ + shipping.
An combo pack with the USB DAC mainboard 326€ + shipping.

Early bird on this one is:

The shield alone will cost 147,5€ + shipping.
An combo pack with the USB DAC mainboard 306€ + shipping.

It is fully discrete. 71x110mm

Filter components is thin film resistors in 0805 layout 0.1% 25ppm and capacitors is PPS also in 0805 and 2%

And output relay is replaced by ultra low distortion SSR switches.

The odd shape is because of USB and connectors on the mainboard

BR

Sonny

Sonny,
This OUTPUT Shield DIFF/SE V1.0 Discrete contains only DSD filter?
Or is it for DSD / PCM?
Excuse my question, I am an amateur DIYer :)
Thanks!

Sonny,
This OUTPUT Shield DIFF/SE V1.0 Discrete contains only DSD filter?
Or is it for DSD / PCM?
Excuse my question, I am an amateur DIYer :)
Thanks!

I would like to but it will be a Big bunch of switches ... So i decided to make a std layout where the 3. Order (dsd) or 2. Order (pcm) Can be implemented.

Either Way the noise from the dac is very low, so the 2. Order is more than enough In my opinion and you get an lower phase shift than with 3. Order

Br

Sonny

I would like to but it will be a Big bunch of switches ... So i decided to make a std layout where the 3. Order (dsd) or 2. Order (pcm) Can be implemented.

Either Way the noise from the dac is very low, so the 2. Order is more than enough In my opinion and you get an lower phase shift than with 3. Order

Br

Sonny

Count me in for one OUTPUT Shield DIFF/SE V1.0 Discrete (DSD)
Thank you!