• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

Hi-end DSP based multi-channel integrated Preamp/Crossover/DAC project

Had to do some reworking of the IV stage because of power dissipation concerns but all should be good now. Making some last minute updates on the analog input board so should be good to go unless something else pops up.

I am about to update the website. Trying to learn Wordpress and Elementor. I'm no expert at it but getting there.

cheers
david

Any news?

"Perfect Link is available to link and synchronize multiple preamps together for more channel and DSP capability without any additional delay between preamps. Timing delay is within one MCLK period or 20 nS."

Hello!

Would Perfect Link transfer master volume control from one preamp to another? Getting that working would suit me down to the ground since I'll be running 4-way active for the front channels so all the DAC outputs would be occupied before getting to the surround/centre channels.

Oh, and consider me on the crowdfunding list.

For those needing a multi-channel power amp to team up with the Ultimate Preamp without breaking the bank it has been brought to our attention of a KickStarter campaign run by another diyer for a multi-channel Hypex Ncore power amp. This would also make an ideal Home Theater amp for those needing more than what’s available in their HT receiver. Although we have a multi-channel amp in the pipes our amp is more of a custom job for a particular customer with the requirement of some special features and will be more expensive than this.

MA-01 the affordable muliti-channel Hypex N-core Amplifier by Stefan Whatcott —Kickstarter

Enormous thanks for the tip! The (6x250W) amp showed up Thursday so for grins & giggles I bunged in an Oppo (long live the King) BDP-83 driving a NAD 1600 preamp, with air moved by a pair of Dayton RS-150/Seas 27TDFC mini-monitors I've been dialing in. Initial listening was positive so I left the disc (Donald Fagen Nightfly) playing while doing housework. "New Frontier" came on... "waaaaait a minute, what is this texture on the snare?" Housework went straight to Hades, displaced by a more focused listening session.

Kudos to Stefan Whatcott for bringing us fine multichannel amps, and NCore is all Bruno says it is. Three mutant thumbs and a pseudopod way way up!

"Perfect Link is available to link and synchronize multiple preamps together for more channel and DSP capability without any additional delay between preamps. Timing delay is within one MCLK period or 20 nS."

Hello!

Would Perfect Link transfer master volume control from one preamp to another? Getting that working would suit me down to the ground since I'll be running 4-way active for the front channels so all the DAC outputs would be occupied before getting to the surround/centre channels.

Oh, and consider me on the crowdfunding list.

Yes one preamp is assigned as the master and the others are assigned as slaves and the master volume control setting is automatically carried across to all of the slave preamps in the chain. To increase the channel count you can chain as many preamps together as you like but each preamp has to be configured separately using Audioweaver. Basically it is set and forget ;)

cheers
david

Yes one preamp is assigned as the master and the others are assigned as slaves and the master volume control setting is automatically carried across to all of the slave preamps in the chain. To increase the channel count you can chain as many preamps together as you like but each preamp has to be configured separately using Audioweaver. Basically it is set and forget ;)

cheers
david

Would the LCD still be needed for the slave preamps, then?

"If it is installed" implies some installations may not have the LCD present, interesting since the slave would be more discreet than the master.

Also: HDMI input? Really? That solves a couple of my problems.

All preamps come with user interface/LCD display installed but if in future there was a need for a custom higher channel count unit with multiple slave boards then it would still only require one display as the displays on the slave boards would be superfluous.

cheers

Last edited:
Enormous thanks for the tip! The (6x250W) amp showed up Thursday so for grins & giggles I bunged in an Oppo (long live the King) BDP-83 driving a NAD 1600 preamp, with air moved by a pair of Dayton RS-150/Seas 27TDFC mini-monitors I've been dialing in. Initial listening was positive so I left the disc (Donald Fagen Nightfly) playing while doing housework. "New Frontier" came on... "waaaaait a minute, what is this texture on the snare?" Housework went straight to Hades, displaced by a more focused listening session.

Kudos to Stefan Whatcott for bringing us fine multichannel amps, and NCore is all Bruno says it is. Three mutant thumbs and a pseudopod way way up!

Many thanks for the enthusiasm. I'm glad you like it.

I uploaded the site again. See if it works for you now ? You may have to clear your browser cache as well ;)

UP2 – Analog-Precision

cheers

There was nothing wrong exactly - just that the large coloured square has a roll-over animation, spinning over to change colour. Which is kind of entertaining when bored.

I'll clear the cache or use Chrome, maybe there's a photo there?

Anyway, it all sounds excellent - I've been holding off for DSP with at least 192KHz processing for a good while. They've always been crazy-price high end and probably much less functionality.