• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

Hi-end DSP based multi-channel integrated Preamp/Crossover/DAC project

What are you using for measuring software to tune them up.

I have behringer ECM8000 microphone and monacor preamplifier which I use with HOLMImpulse and ARTA
Holmi is less complicated than ARTA

Could someone please check the wiring diagram for those two option;

- one is 2.5way , I mide try to play midbass to go as low as possible and add bass

- the other is 3way with 4th order on bass and second order on mid/hight

Attachments

• 2_5.jpg
    2_5.jpg
    439.1 KB · Views: 446
  • 3way4_2.jpg
    3way4_2.jpg
    436.1 KB · Views: 403
Regards using one crossover block for a 3 way, is it possible in Audioweaver to use different crossover types/orders for the different frequencies, but still have one crossover block for the benefits mentioned above (more efficient use of the DSP)?
rgs

No you can only select one slope within the filter block that applies to all of the different bands. So if you wanted different slopes you would have to use multiple crossover blocks.

cheers

Hi
sorry to bug again
but this layout doesn't work for 2.5way

it report error as one output of the upper block is not connected.
Is there any other block on which I can change upper cut off frequency and slope from LR2 to 4th order for bass unit ?
so that graph would look like on second picture
thanks

Attachments

• 2_5.jpg
    2_5.jpg
    439.1 KB · Views: 316
  • graph.jpg
    graph.jpg
    68.9 KB · Views: 306
Joined 2007
Paid Member
Hi Yoke;

Have you looked here (the Audio Weaver Module User's Guide)?

https://app.box.com/shared/static/uphs45tkdo0q44bujrfgzamku9ijanzu.pdf

I have not used the SW but have been reviewing the Audio Weaver documentation in anticipation of purchasing a unit.

Seems to me in the upper block giving the error you don't want a crossover; you just want a low pass filter; is that not right?

There are lots of filters to chose from; if a native Linkwitz-Riley is not available you should be able to cascade two identical Butterworths for the same response.

Hope this helps.

Ok...
I'm not audiophile
I don't have any fancy cables (kimber PBJ as inteconnectors and kimber 8PR for mids and twetters, some red/black wire on bass...printer cable on USB)
I don't listen to ''audiophile'' music
my source is rPi
my favarite artist are AphexTwin, Squarepusher etc
i like radiohead, massive attack, portsihead...

and after couple day of playing with it I have to say that this DSP is great unit

as I have active system, full diy, I was afraid of some bump when shutting down or on power up
but have no fear, no meter what order I turn it on or off, it's dead silent ;)

sound is great
today I play Nirvana - MTV Unplagged and have the filing that Cobain is in my living room ;)

I know that I'm not the right person to give some real review of it, as I have problem s with room, don't have expensive cables, don't listen to audiophile tipe of music
but this unit is big step up from Behringer DCX2496, Najda with TAD1541A DACs at the output or miniDSP 10X10HD which is a toy compered to this...
I know that it's in different price range but...I think it's worth every penny

and I'm using it in ''simple'' configuration as you can see from above

I realy like it :D
and I'm still learning how to use it :D
nice work David !

Hi
sorry to bug again
but this layout doesn't work for 2.5way

it report error as one output of the upper block is not connected.
Is there any other block on which I can change upper cut off frequency and slope from LR2 to 4th order for bass unit ?
so that graph would look like on second picture
thanks

I think you need to place a NULL sink on the unused output. In the component pane do a search for NULL and it should show up.

cheers

How did you resolve your problem in post 989?

Glad that you like it and thanks for comparisons to Najda and Mini-DSP/Behrnger.

Matt

I have used Butterworths, but only one block (as you suggest)...didn't go for cascade to get LR...(for 2.5)...just to see how it will sound

Or 3way with 4th order on bass.

I cut bass cabinet very low, at 95-140Hz ...I'm still playing around :D
will try what David suggest in a post above :)