Go Back   Home > Forums > > >
Home Forums Rules Articles diyAudio Store Blogs Gallery Wiki Register Donations FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Vendor's Bazaar Commercial Vendors large & small hawking their wares

Hi-end DSP based multi-channel integrated Preamp/Crossover/DAC project
Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 15th November 2015, 03:00 PM   #491
Windforce85 is offline Windforce85  Poland
diyAudio Member

I like this project! I am tempted to see the effects of your great work! I'm standing in the line. Let me know when your DSP will be available.
Old 15th November 2015, 03:28 PM   #492
golfgtig60 is offline golfgtig60  Italy
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Windforce85 View Post
I like this project! I am tempted to see the effects of your great work! I'm standing in the line. Let me know when your DSP will be available.
I'm Very interested too
Old 16th November 2015, 10:38 AM   #493
Rajapruk is offline Rajapruk  Sweden
diyAudio Member

I know questions about when this chipset will be ready are not usually answered.
But, maybe you can say which year you expect to deliver? 2015, 2016 or 2017?
Old 16th November 2015, 11:25 AM   #494
Tranquility Bass is offline Tranquility Bass  Australia
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rajapruk View Post
I know questions about when this chipset will be ready are not usually answered.
But, maybe you can say which year you expect to deliver? 2015, 2016 or 2017?
With or without the ADC I am tentatively aiming for 1st quarter 2016. Someone suggested in an email that I should crowd source fund it on Kick Starter or Indiegogo. It would generate the necessary funds to get a suitable quantity made and keep the price down. Remember there is about 10 different boards ranging in complexity. What do people think about this ?

cheers
Old 16th November 2015, 11:31 AM   #495
golfgtig60 is offline golfgtig60  Italy
diyAudio Member

If you project work im interested..I Buy the board
Old 16th November 2015, 01:31 PM   #496
monotube2 is offline monotube2
diyAudio Member

I'm interested, too
Old 16th November 2015, 03:18 PM   #497
etlasr is offline etlasr  United Kingdom
diyAudio Member

With an ADC I'm very interested assuming it has adequate performance, noise and distortion, which currently look promising, at least by data sheet info. I'm comparing with a high quality home build three channel analogue crossover where S/N is better than -117dB on HF channel and mid and low are -122 and -127dB respectively. Distortion even at (abnormally) high level input is also very very small (don't have numbers to hand). Not expecting 'digital' to beat this but if it's close it will be very tempting for all of the up sides digital brings. Should also set a good marker for how wide the closing gap is between digital and analogue for the affordable but high quality end of the market. Are you able to publish actual S/N and distortion please? Appreciate that is subject to sorting ADC for analogue input purposes.
Old 16th November 2015, 04:19 PM   #498
Kindhornman is offline Kindhornman  United States
diyAudio Member

Tranquility,
Are you planning on just doing the boards or are you proposing to develop a kit with parts to produce this design? I've been following this thread for some time and it does look interesting, if anything a great learning tool dealing with digital signal processing. I'm not so sure that Kickstarter or Indiegogo are appropriate for a diy project, but perhaps there are enough people watching that would be interested, it just seems to be a bit different than the common crowd sourcing type of applications.

Wouldn't you be just as well off with offering this as a group buy on this site? Are you planning to make this a commercial project, are you looking to make a profit? I have no problem with people making money and if that is the goal that is fine with me, I just don't know your objective as far as the monetary side of things.

I keep learning things by reading this thread so it has been much appreciated. A simple version for those not needing a multi-channel system would be nice for a simple stereo system and not necessarily a high channel count for a HT system.
Old 17th November 2015, 02:34 AM   #499
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kindhornman View Post
Tranquility,
Are you planning on just doing the boards or are you proposing to develop a kit with parts to produce this design? I've been following this thread for some time and it does look interesting, if anything a great learning tool dealing with digital signal processing. I'm not so sure that Kickstarter or Indiegogo are appropriate for a diy project, but perhaps there are enough people watching that would be interested, it just seems to be a bit different than the common crowd sourcing type of applications.

Wouldn't you be just as well off with offering this as a group buy on this site? Are you planning to make this a commercial project, are you looking to make a profit? I have no problem with people making money and if that is the goal that is fine with me, I just don't know your objective as far as the monetary side of things.

I keep learning things by reading this thread so it has been much appreciated. A simple version for those not needing a multi-channel system would be nice for a simple stereo system and not necessarily a high channel count for a HT system.
There have been quite a few diy type products on kickstarter and Indiegogo so it's a broad platform. But for something like this perhaps a finished product with different configurations maybe more appropriate.

I'm planning on supplying diyer's and OEM's as well as some finished product for those that have no experience with electronics.

cheers
Old 17th November 2015, 02:38 AM   #500
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by etlasr View Post
With an ADC I'm very interested assuming it has adequate performance, noise and distortion, which currently look promising, at least by data sheet info. I'm comparing with a high quality home build three channel analogue crossover where S/N is better than -117dB on HF channel and mid and low are -122 and -127dB respectively. Distortion even at (abnormally) high level input is also very very small (don't have numbers to hand). Not expecting 'digital' to beat this but if it's close it will be very tempting for all of the up sides digital brings. Should also set a good marker for how wide the closing gap is between digital and analogue for the affordable but high quality end of the market. Are you able to publish actual S/N and distortion please? Appreciate that is subject to sorting ADC for analogue input purposes.
That's why I have chosen one of the best ADC's in the industry but unfortunately it is not available at this point in time. The ADC specs were available from the ESSTech website before they scrubbed the chip but the detailed specs are in the app note which is subject to an NDA. Hopefully it won't be long before they have a replacement with even better specs.

cheers

Hi-end DSP based multi-channel integrated Preamp/Crossover/DAC projectHide this!Advertise here!