Go Back   Home > Forums > > >
Home Forums Rules Articles diyAudio Store Blogs Gallery Wiki Register Donations FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Vendor's Bazaar Commercial Vendors large & small hawking their wares

Hi-end DSP based multi-channel integrated Preamp/Crossover/DAC project
Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 28th July 2015, 07:07 AM   #291
orangeart is offline orangeart  United Kingdom
diyAudio Member

I can't count the amount of times I've checked back on this thread to see if it's ready yet, the wait is killing me!
Old 28th July 2015, 12:06 PM   #292
Amnes is offline Amnes  Poland
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by orangeart View Post
I can't count the amount of times I've checked back on this thread to see if it's ready yet, the wait is killing me!
The suspense is unberable - I second that.
Old 28th July 2015, 01:13 PM   #293
Tranquility Bass is offline Tranquility Bass  Australia
diyAudio Member

I am overseas at the moment but I have found some time to finish off some board designs that I brought with me on the laptop

Before I left I got the Asynchronous Sample Rate converter going and feeding it from the Toslink output of my Creative Sound Blaster external sound card on my PC. Was going to post some pictures but I ran out of time.

cheers
Old 28th July 2015, 05:20 PM   #294
diyaudnut is offline diyaudnut  United States
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tranquility Bass View Post
I am overseas at the moment but I have found some time to finish off some board designs that I brought with me on the laptop

Before I left I got the Asynchronous Sample Rate converter going and feeding it from the Toslink output of my Creative Sound Blaster external sound card on my PC. Was going to post some pictures but I ran out of time.

cheers
David,

Any better estimates of the timeline when the HW+SW product is ready for shipping out to buyers?

thanks
Joji
Old 29th July 2015, 01:57 PM   #295
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jojip View Post
David,

Any better estimates of the timeline when the HW+SW product is ready for shipping out to buyers?

thanks
Joji
When I get back from overseas I will start work on the dsp firmware and PC interface software. I have some ideas for this but this will take some time to get right. The hardware will probably be finished before the software.

cheers
Old 1st August 2015, 09:19 PM   #296
WTS is offline WTS  Canada
diyAudio Member

Hi,

Instead of reading all the latest pages I'll just ask(hope you don't mind). Will this unit have digital outputs (of some description) for each channel (or some pads where we can get the required signals)as I'd like to feed my already present R-2R dacs which are built into my 4 amps. Say yes, lol.

Thanks,
Old 2nd August 2015, 07:29 AM   #297
vicky is offline vicky
diyAudio Member

can anyone give advice for a perfect book for programming DSPs and being a beginner is it good to work with ADSP-21065l ?
Old 2nd August 2015, 01:33 PM   #298
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by WTS View Post
Hi,

Instead of reading all the latest pages I'll just ask(hope you don't mind). Will this unit have digital outputs (of some description) for each channel (or some pads where we can get the required signals)as I'd like to feed my already present R-2R dacs which are built into my 4 amps. Say yes, lol.

Thanks,
Yes it's possible with another board revision without the onboard DAC's. Something to look at in the future if all goes well with the current board
although I am not keen on a DSP environment that adjusts filter coefficients on the fly every time the incoming sample rate changes. That could become really messy depending on the implementation of the dsp signal processing.

cheers

Last edited by Tranquility Bass; 2nd August 2015 at 01:41 PM.
Old 3rd August 2015, 02:10 PM   #299
WTS is offline WTS  Canada
diyAudio Member

Hi TB,

I hope the next revision isn't too far away, lol, as I'd love to try it out when I get my third set of amps built.

I'm not sure what you're saying in your second part of your answer. I guess I just assume(d) that most of these DSP FIR filters are adjustable on the fly for crossover point and filter steepness(db). What does that have to do with have digital outputs and no onboard dacs? Am I missing something here in the discussion?

I guess they don't really need these to be adjust on the fly.

Thanks and keep up the good work.

Last edited by WTS; 3rd August 2015 at 02:12 PM.
Old 4th August 2015, 12:58 AM   #300
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by WTS View Post
Hi TB,

I hope the next revision isn't too far away, lol, as I'd love to try it out when I get my third set of amps built.

I'm not sure what you're saying in your second part of your answer. I guess I just assume(d) that most of these DSP FIR filters are adjustable on the fly for crossover point and filter steepness(db). What does that have to do with have digital outputs and no onboard dacs? Am I missing something here in the discussion?

I guess they don't really need these to be adjust on the fly.

Thanks and keep up the good work.
I assumed you were talking about the Soekris R-2R DAC which has its own re-clocker and expects to be fed with data in its own native sample rate and not a constant sample rate from a sample rate converter - although it will still work with the latter.

cheers

Last edited by Tranquility Bass; 4th August 2015 at 01:09 AM.

Hi-end DSP based multi-channel integrated Preamp/Crossover/DAC projectHide this!Advertise here!