Go Back   Home > Forums > > >
Home Forums Rules Articles diyAudio Store Blogs Gallery Wiki Register Donations FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Vendor's Bazaar Commercial Vendors large & small hawking their wares

Hi-end DSP based multi-channel integrated Preamp/Crossover/DAC project
Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 21st September 2019, 01:06 AM   #1291
Tranquility Bass is offline Tranquility Bass  Australia
diyAudio Member

Hi Sjef

Sorry if I missed your email as I try and reply to all mails. The PC I use to retrieve and send mails has been out of action for the last 2 months because it refuses to boot up so I have had to redirected the mail server to a another email client so I may have missed some mails in the process. Also check your spam bin to see if there are any emails from me.

Pricing for the new preamp will be released with the pre-order as we are still finalizing the design with an upgrade to the unbalanced output board which eliminates ground loops when using a multitude of different amps each with their own grounding arrangements.

I will email you some info.

cheers
david
Old 21st September 2019, 11:46 AM   #1292
soundchaser is offline soundchaser  Canada
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by deepboy View Post
Preamp with built in phono stage + builtin 3 /4 way active crossover. Is this possible? Does it require a second unit to link to?

Thanks
Nope; all in one if you buy the options (the phono stage was an option) but the 4-way crossover capability is always there. There is another option for balanced vs. un-balanced outputs. DSP Concepts Audio Weaver software is used to design the crossover/equalizer response that is implemented. Then you upload it to the unit and go.

The newest one of these units (upcoming) however can be connected to an external processor (digitally) for more DSP number crunching capability. That would allow for more complex crossovers such as high resolution FIR filters with arbitrary phase vs. frequency response.
Old 21st September 2019, 01:49 PM   #1293
deepboy is offline deepboy  Italy
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by soundchaser View Post
Nope; all in one if you buy the options (the phono stage was an option) but the 4-way crossover capability is always there. There is another option for balanced vs. un-balanced outputs. DSP Concepts Audio Weaver software is used to design the crossover/equalizer response that is implemented. Then you upload it to the unit and go.

The newest one of these units (upcoming) however can be connected to an external processor (digitally) for more DSP number crunching capability. That would allow for more complex crossovers such as high resolution FIR filters with arbitrary phase vs. frequency response.
not sure yet. i did think for the first preamp version that phono was an optional input, and that the riia eq made by the processor was not possible while using digital crossover feature. am i wrong? what about new UP versions?
Thanks
Old 22nd September 2019, 01:39 AM   #1294
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by deepboy View Post
not sure yet. i did think for the first preamp version that phono was an optional input, and that the riia eq made by the processor was not possible while using digital crossover feature. am i wrong? what about new UP versions?
Thanks
Moving magnet phono input is available as standard on all preamp modes. The DSP handles the inverse RIAA and this operates transparently to other custom DSP functionality.

cheers
david
Old 22nd September 2019, 04:11 PM   #1295
soundchaser is offline soundchaser  Canada
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tranquility Bass View Post
Moving magnet phono input is available as standard on all preamp modes. The DSP handles the inverse RIAA and this operates transparently to other custom DSP functionality.

cheers
david
That was what I though but wasn't 100 percent sure but the alternative didn't make sense either (that phono input precluded crossover operation).
Old 25th September 2019, 09:18 AM   #1296
NATDBERG is offline NATDBERG  United Kingdom
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sjef View Post

My comment on loosing interest and confidence comes from the fact that I did not get any response on my email with the same question, an indication of the price.
I know it's Vendor's Bazaar over here, but it's still a DIY forum. Essentially Mr Traquility Bass is DIYing, albeit more professionally than many of us might.

Therefore I'm not too sure if bringing a customer service kind of issue/attitude one normally associates with a large company with staff into this is really appropriate, no matter how David wants to present himself now, on this forum, in advance of a full commercial product release.
Old 25th September 2019, 10:58 AM   #1297
mickiboi007 is offline mickiboi007  Australia
diyAudio Member

David will be taking Pre Orders soon. As you can imagine, the preamp is a massive undertaking for one guy. Software, hardware, metalwork, pc boards, assembly, testing etc. David is one guy working as hard as he can. The preamp will be well worth the wait. Please be patient. It is still way ahead of anything else available on the market. DEQX can't hold a candle to it. MiniDSP isn't even on the same planet as it.
Old 25th September 2019, 11:52 AM   #1298
jameshillj is offline jameshillj  Australia
diyAudio Member

Will there be some way to actually listen to one of these here in Melbourne?
Old 25th September 2019, 12:47 PM   #1299
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by NATDBERG View Post
I know it's Vendor's Bazaar over here, but it's still a DIY forum. Essentially Mr Traquility Bass is DIYing, albeit more professionally than many of us might.

Therefore I'm not too sure if bringing a customer service kind of issue/attitude one normally associates with a large company with staff into this is really appropriate, no matter how David wants to present himself now, on this forum, in advance of a full commercial product release.
Which is why I will be running the pre-order like a crowd source funded campaign with certain funding goals. There are quite a few boards that have to be made and I won't be sending them all off to the board loader at once. I will start with the simpler boards first and make sure these have been loaded correctly before I go onto the next set of boards etc. Of course the DSP board will be last to be loaded and there are still a lot of through whole components such as leaded audio grade capacitors and connectors to be hand soldered by myself. So things will take longer compared to if it was done by a bigger commercial enterprise who probably does most things in house but in the end the aim is to be offering something that is good enough to stand aside the very expensive gear you see at Munich hi-end etc but without their price tags of course

cheers
david

Last edited by Tranquility Bass; 25th September 2019 at 12:53 PM.
Old 25th September 2019, 12:52 PM   #1300
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jameshillj View Post
Will there be some way to actually listen to one of these here in Melbourne?
Since I am located in Melbourne too this should be easy to arrange or I could leave a preamp with you so you could evaluate it with your own equipment. Since the preamp doubles as a standalone stereo DAC or preamp it's easy to evaluate it with conventional passive speaker setup etc.

cheers
david

Hi-end DSP based multi-channel integrated Preamp/Crossover/DAC projectHide this!Advertise here!