Go Back   Home > Forums > > >
Home Forums Rules Articles diyAudio Store Blogs Gallery Wiki Register Donations FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Vendor's Bazaar Commercial Vendors large & small hawking their wares

Hi-end DSP based multi-channel integrated Preamp/Crossover/DAC project
Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 15th September 2018, 12:52 PM   #1121
torgeirs is offline torgeirs  Norway
diyAudio Member

Analog has made a common mode rejection solution, that incorporates the expensive matched resistors.
http://www.analog.com/media/en/techn...322.pdf#page16
Explains how in a not intuitive way:-)
This is an excelent thread. Would not have guessed common mode noise was that dominating whith unsuficcient balancing at the receiving end. Thougth it just removed even order thd and hum:-)

Last edited by torgeirs; 15th September 2018 at 12:58 PM.
Old 18th September 2018, 12:27 PM   #1122
Tranquility Bass is offline Tranquility Bass  Australia
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisTech View Post
Maybe you could incorporate something like the Audinate Broadway chip for Dante network audio I/O. They are very helpful.
I know I would be keen on that feature because I use a lot of Dante as do a lot of studios.
One other thing I was thinking, it would be really nice if you had a ‘remote volume control’ input (three pins gnd, 5v and wiper) that could be fed to a remote pot as a volume control. For example a simple box for sitting in the listening position on a mixing console or on a desk where you wouldn’t have room for the entire unit.
Those three connections would then allow you to have volume, dim and mute. Very useful.
Just my thoughts form a different industry sector.
I have looked at the network solutions but decided to go down another route.

You could probably emulate the remote control to adjust the volume and change other things without having to connect to the preamp.

cheers
david
Old 24th September 2018, 01:30 PM   #1123
Datubie is offline Datubie  United States
diyAudio Member

I'm looking to replace my BSS Soundweb, would this be a good candidate?
Old 13th October 2018, 09:25 AM   #1124
monotube2 is offline monotube2
diyAudio Member

Any news, Dave?
Old 15th October 2018, 10:54 PM   #1125
Tranquility Bass is offline Tranquility Bass  Australia
diyAudio Member

I have just come back from an overseas trip. Here’s a summary of where I am at with this at the moment.

I’ve almost completed all of the R&D I need to do on these projects. We’re planning on releasing two new products which will be completely fully assembled and tested systems. Both will be aimed at building high-end active speakers with the best electronics available. They also double as high-end stereo components as well so people can start off with a stereo system and later build it up to a multi-channel active system without having to purchase more equipment in the future.

The Ultimate-Preamplifier will be replaced with the Ultimate-Preamp Plus (UP+) and is a continuation of the work I have already done and a culmination of the last two years of feedback from users of the Ultimate-Preamplifier and embodies a lot of ideas of what people have requested via email, facebook and this forum. Details and forward announcements of the new preamp will not be posted anywhere except that I have already hinted that the new preamp will use a EssTech ES9038PRO Sabre DAC with significant enhancements from the standard reference design. Other details are not available for comment at the moment. The preamp will still need to be configured (crossover, filter design etc) for multi-channel processing and that’s why this product is still considered a DIY or OEM product and not a commercial retail product.

Also I won’t be selling individual boards for it. There is too much to go wrong in assembling this thing and I get too many people trying to haggle over pricing, particular those in the industry believe it or not ☹ Perhaps later I might do a cut down single board solution with everything mounted on the one board !

Also, people who follow me on facebook will be aware that I am working on a multi-channel power amp designed specifically for active speaker environments. However, it also doubles as a high-powered stereo amplifier just as the preamp doubles as a stand-alone high-end stereo DAC. This allows a future upgrade path for anyone who initially wants a high-end stereo Preamp/DAC/Power amp to drive their passive speakers but later want to migrate to a full-on multi-channel active speaker system. Like the preamplifier this amplifier will be fully customizable with configuration switches inside the amplifier rather than on the outside where people can fiddle with and potentially compromise an existing system. This will be a set and forget system designed for fully custom installations. There will be some other features of this amplifier not available on other amplifiers and aimed at interfacing to speakers 😉

The good news is the Ultimate-Preamplifier Plus will contain some industry firsts. Same with the amplifier 😉 The bad news is that Ultimate-Preamp Plus will be significantly more expensive than what I have been selling the Ultimate Preamplifier for where I was absorbing a lot of the costs just to prove the design. This is always the downside of any new product development cycle.

Click the image to open in full size.

Click the image to open in full size.

Hi-end DSP based multi-channel integrated Preamp/Crossover/DAC projectHide this!Advertise here!