• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

Hi-end DSP based multi-channel integrated Preamp/Crossover/DAC project

Yes the finished preamps are relatively expensive for the diy community but they are fully specced up with a full feature set so there is a lot gone into it to get it to this level and they are custom made and are not made with economies of scale in mind unless we set up a factory in china. We’ve had a lot of requests for a board level solution for standalone active speaker designs so we may have to revisit this and look into a reduced feature set version of what we are providing with the standalone preamp. This should appease the budget conscious among you. Let us know what you think.

cheers
david

I'm having in love with minidsp 2x4HD, build 3 way project and tried learning passive XO and nahhh it's not my thing. so i think dsp is all the way

my next upgrade will be Helix dsp pro mk2 but someday i might get more serious gear. I'm looking at 2nd XTA DP448 in local market which has price range $2400 usd, while this UP2 listed around $3450 usd.

my thought is : how about parts maintenance considering 6 layer pcb which seems not an easy job if someday **** happen? because XTA product is something common in pro audio guys and they can repair it, but not sure about UP2 service

I think it's more or less the sime with any electronic.

I don't know any body who will be able to repair any modern unit. Most of the time they took the whole board out and replece it with another.
And for that meter I trust more to people from this forum then any big name (except Pass, but he is on this forum too ;))

Any way, if something hapen, I belive David will do his bast to sort it out, and I presume he will be more involved then any other manufacture.

But things get broke.
And there is no worst thing then to have "brick" instead DSP.

I was not concerned about "what if" so end up with Analog Precison DSP and I'm happy with it.

To me, Analog Precision ,on paper, looks better unit than this XTA DP448

But, its legit to ask "what if" and I belive you will have to answer your self to thet question.

Last edited:
I bricked one of my minidsp 2x4HD, i email them and it can be fixed for free but too lazy sending back them, put in package and deal with customs

i build my dac, preamp, amplifiers but they are all thruhole size so i understand the schematic and i can fixed them if something wrong happen.

but this dsp thing with those tiny little parts is out of my league to deal with, just like PC parts only plug & play, no service at all. so for this $3.5k range product that I can't have support locally might be tricky

I just look at minidsp 2x4HD and find out that it's dac based on early chip AK4626. i'm just looking for option from car dsp, where Zapco HDSP V looks promising. Brax base price will be same as analog precision

agree that XTA especially 2nd hand item is very old dated unit. not on my watch list anymore

Yes the finished preamps are relatively expensive for the diy community but they are fully specced up with a full feature set so there is a lot gone into it to get it to this level and they are custom made and are not made with economies of scale in mind unless we set up a factory in china. We’ve had a lot of requests for a board level solution for standalone active speaker designs so we may have to revisit this and look into a reduced feature set version of what we are providing with the standalone preamp. This should appease the budget conscious among you. Let us know what you think.

cheers
david
What is the max output voltage for the unbalanced and balanced analog outputs?