• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

Hi-end DSP based multi-channel integrated Preamp/Crossover/DAC project

Great initiative, I had my eyes on the Najda but after seeing the progress being made on this, really interested . any idea about the pricing

It won't be as cheap as some of the others but I did not spare any expense when it came to performance. For example I use femto clocks instead of standard clock chips etc. Hopefully it will be reasonably priced for everyone ;)

cheers

It won't be as cheap as some of the others but I did not spare any expense when it came to performance. For example I use femto clocks instead of standard clock chips etc. Hopefully it will be reasonably priced for everyone ;)

cheers

Whats the plan on the software for this? Something in the line of miniDSP plugins?

And do you have a target date in mind for release? Also how do you plan to sell these? as group buy kits?

Whats the plan on the software for this? Something in the line of miniDSP plugins?

And do you have a target date in mind for release? Also how do you plan to sell these? as group buy kits?

We are planning on having software that is customizable to peoples needs as everyones needs are different.

No target date set as yet since there is still a lot of work to do on the software as well as debugging the hardware.

Selling these will have to be a group buy or maybe even crowd source funded because there is a MOQ for the boards.

cheers

We are planning on having software that is customizable to peoples needs as everyones needs are different.

No target date set as yet since there is still a lot of work to do on the software as well as debugging the hardware.

Selling these will have to be a group buy or maybe even crowd source funded because there is a MOQ for the boards.

cheers
Yep, the software debugging would take some time.
But still any time frame so that I can manage accordingly . I.e 6 months or more

Interesting the topic of this thread.

I just bought a random audio item from ebay and it turns out to be part of a digital pre-amp/crossover/DAC system from 1993, made by Essex University's commercial company which I think was headed by the famous audio engineering professor Malcolm Hawksford.

It also uses Analog Devices chips of a 1993 variety, PCM63 DACs and filters programmed in Eproms. I'm hoping to find out more and see if the seller has any other parts too.

Last edited: