• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

Sonore Async USB-I2S interface with onboard OSF

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
some info...

For questions on availability please contact Jesus at Sonore, go to sonore.us for contact info.

I2S output has 33R series resistors, so I suspect the output impedance would be dominated by that. As far as what kinds of loads it can drive... I do not know as it was never designed to drive a passive filter as you are suggesting. Having heard a couple of passive filter only DSD stages it is my firm belief that such an approach only works if one is willing to have a lot of spurious noise at low levels.

Last edited:
No worries! Let's concentrate on getting you up and running. If the problem is in configurating linux/alsa, then Jesus is who you need to talk to. For tech support on the interface itself, I am happy to help.
If you have problems which are not linux/alsa related, please feel free to PM me (things like how to power the interface, setting the onboard OSF on/off, etc)

hi Barrows,
i want to add SPDIF output to the Sonore card and have found Ian's solution.
http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/group-buys/207438-ian-asynchronous-i2s-s-pdif-fifo-kit-group-buy.html

manual here : http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/atta...fo-kit-group-buy-spdif_interfaceboardv1.0.zip

will it work together?

Hmmm.

alec, I do not have the time to research Ian's designs, but this should be easy to figure out. The Sonore USB provides a standard level I2S output (including master clock), so there should be no problem using it with any SPDIF transmitter design which accepts an I2S input. Ian's asynchronous buffer will be somewhat redundant (as the Sonore USB already supplies a super low jitter re-clocked data stream from Crystek CCHD oscillators) but that will not cause any problems so to speak, just be a little more circuitry than one needs.

Boards Available Now

Note that a new batch of these USB interface boards are now available. As production costs have gone up, this may be the last batch made so if you are interested I would suggest acting now.
Contact Jesus through the Sonore website for details:

sonore.us

Ian's asynchronous buffer will be somewhat redundant (as the Sonore USB already supplies a super low jitter re-clocked data stream from Crystek CCHD oscillators) but that will not cause any problems so to speak, just be a little more circuitry than one needs.

Interesting. Does anyone know whether there is any advantage at all to having the signal re-clocked twice? I too have Ian's FIFO circuit which is working beautifully but I like the layout of this board but don't want to just add psu noise and additional circuitry for no benefit at all. My goal is to replace the waveio with something that can handle DSD. Perhaps in my case the amanero would be a better bet but this does look like a lovely board!

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.