• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

Reference DAC Module - Discrete R-2R Sign Magnitude 24 bit 384 KHz

TNT

Joined 2003
Paid Member
I wish to have a signal lock indicator on the front panel of the chassis. Can anyone give me some tips on how to do this?

Get some fiber for light, fix one side to the indicator led on the board, and make a small hole in the chassis and glue the other end, flush to the outer side - mechanical solution ;-) ?? It might be to dim in day light maybe...

//

In the first firmware rev, I only reserved 256 Kbyte in the 1 Mbyte Flash for filters, didn't matter then as the filters started out as 1K filters.

Now with larger filters you have to be careful what you do, a 4K filter is 16 Kbyte, and with seperate filters for all types and all samlerates, you can fill up those 256 Kbyte, and then there is also the DSD filters....

I'm also looking to move to 36 bit or 40 bit filters, so at some time I might reorganize things a little, there is no need to reserve 256Kbyte for the uC, although thery're are available with 256 Kbyte flash, I have never used larger than the 64 Kbyte version.

In next gen boards I will move up to 2 Mbyte flash, mostly to have space for a larger FPGA. But don't hold out for anything soon on the boards, first up is the dac2541, a successor to the dac1541....

Plus the larger the file, the longer time it takes to download....

Last edited:
Hi all, I'm slowly building a dam1021 dac and for now I'm working on the power supply. I just finished the Reflektor-D shunt reg that will feed the I2S isolated input at 3.3v. Or at least it should do it. The problem is that it outputs 3.2v instead of 3.3. Do you think it could be a real issue?
Many thanks,
Gaetano.

Hi all, I'm slowly building a dam1021 dac and for now I'm working on the power supply. I just finished the Reflektor-D shunt reg that will feed the I2S isolated input at 3.3v. Or at least it should do it. The problem is that it outputs 3.2v instead of 3.3. Do you think it could be a real issue?
Many thanks,
Gaetano.

No, it's still inside the +-5%....

In the first firmware rev, I only reserved 256 Kbyte in the 1 Mbyte Flash for filters, didn't matter then as the filters started out as 1K filters.

Now with larger filters you have to be careful what you do, a 4K filter is 16 Kbyte, and with seperate filters for all types and all samlerates, you can fill up those 256 Kbyte, and then there is also the DSD filters....

I'm also looking to move to 36 bit or 40 bit filters, so at some time I might reorganize things a little, there is no need to reserve 256Kbyte for the uC, although thery're are available with 256 Kbyte flash, I have never used larger than the 64 Kbyte version.

In next gen boards I will move up to 2 Mbyte flash, mostly to have space for a larger FPGA. But don't hold out for anything soon on the boards, first up is the dac2541, a successor to the dac1541....

Plus the larger the file, the longer time it takes to download....

@soekris
dac2541!

Hope you can share more details soon.