• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

Reference DAC Module - Discrete R-2R Sign Magnitude 24 bit 384 KHz

Some help from the community...

I had my DAM1021 with I2S and toslink inputs (DIYINHK module) in full operation. Recently, the imput toslink stopped giving, I even thought it was a failure of the DIYINHK module and I bought a new one ... but it still doesn't!
Could you give me an idea of what I could do to find out the problem?

DAM synchronization issue. I got a call from my frustrated friend stating that the DAC is not turning on. When I checked at his home the green light was blinking and the chain is

1.Mac book pro > Amanero USB > DAM1021 rev4 I guess.

now once we start playing the music and then turn on the DAC then it synchronizes sometimes. What could been wrong in the setup? and also what is the fix for this? can anyone help me with this please.

power supplies are all fine as all are proper shunt regulators.

Is there anything with Amanero USB that is it recommended to remove by unmounting it in mac? or does Amanero gets damaged when removed whithout unmount or shutdown of MAC?

Does external 3.3V supply from Amanero can suffice powering the isolators on the DAM1021? I doubt that the current is dropping so as the signal strength. Do I use an external 3.3V supply to the Isolators?

Last edited: