• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

Reference DAC Module - Discrete R-2R Sign Magnitude 24 bit 384 KHz

I made a big mistake. I tried to replace 1117 to tps7a4701, but I did wrong calculate, output is over 6V, I know it probably burn some part, could someone give me a hint? I need to know where can I start.

I think CPU or other two component are burned, I will find the new picese to replace them. Could Søren tell me what model of them?

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

I think CPU or other two component are burned, I will find the new picese to replace them. Could Søren tell me what model of them?

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

Can't see picture, but most likely most parts powered by 3.3V died....
I'll recommend to just purchase a new board, replacing the 256 pins BGA packaged FPGA is not something you can do yourself....

Can't see picture, but most likely most parts powered by 3.3V died....
I'll recommend to just purchase a new board, replacing the 256 pins BGA packaged FPGA is not something you can do yourself....

Too sad. :(
I removed stm and winbond components, still get short, likely you said.
I like this board very much. I'll purchase a new board when I have enough budget.
Thanks for your reply.

I have been using DAM1021 for several years.
Yesterday I decided to try playing DXD files, (352/24), and I was surprised to hear that everything is reproducing, but the tones are shifted down in frequency, about a half to two times (I haven’t measured yet).
I wonder how is this even possible?

The setup consists of:

NAS Synology + MinimServer
NMR media renderer

DAM1021 (NOS filter)