• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

Reference DAC Module - Discrete R-2R Sign Magnitude 24 bit 384 KHz

Attachments

• IMG_20200328_211246_crop.jpg
    IMG_20200328_211246_crop.jpg
    331 KB · Views: 552
Hello i have big problem with dam 1021 v3 dac. My dac have problem with lock. Sometimes i have lock via i2s with xmos usb, but when i connect usb (raspberry pi) it plays 7 sek and led is blinking,get lock plays 7, sometimes 10 sek and blinking, and again and again. Same situation is with coaxial connection. i have tryed auto detect and fixed dectect. Sametimes i have problem with i2s lock with no usb cable connected, same like upper 7 second and led is blinking, and all the time lock, no lock lock,no lock. Even problrm is to Connect to pc by rs232 adapter. Same time puffy program dont se soekris, or sametimes it get lock with pc, i have change all soft from 0,99 to 1.21 with no lock. For exemple it get lock with pc, i have change soft to 1.06, and when i write in puffy exit the led is blinking, and locking. Ale the time. I have days when dac plays normaly, with no problem.
This is my 8 soekris, so i have an little expierence with it, but i never have this problem. How to try fpga works corectly?

All my dacs are full modded, but i have modded 8 dacs, 4 is batery powered with no on board power suply l. Only 3.3batery to clock, 3.3batery to 1.2v discrete stabilizer to fpga, and 4 3.3v bateries to registers. Dac dont have i2s isolators,and dont have muting site. Works good all the time i have it, it is my friend dac and he probybly wrong connect one,or two bateries in shift registry site. 4 of registers on plus site have little dot on it,looks like Little hole. When i mesuered output i get only 1.060v and one cannal(this with 4 registers with holes) and have 8mV dc , second channel dont have dc on output but have same 1.060v on out. My sec3ond dac 1021 v2 same modded, bateries and xmos usb work very good, absolutly no problems, have 1.2v on each channel with no dc .(1.2v becouse registers are powered from 3.3 to 3.6v life po4 bateries) sound absolutly amaizing.

Please help me what to do with my friend v3 dam dac? It is pasible that domaged shift registers are hase an impact with fpga so i dont work corectly and have problem with connection lock? Iv i know good only one connection fpga and registers are caps so even with full domaged registers the fpga will work good, im good thinking? Very thanks!

Hello i have big problem with dam 1021 v3 dac. My dac have problem with lock. Sometimes i have lock via i2s with xmos usb, but when i connect usb (raspberry pi) it plays 7 sek and led is blinking,get lock plays 7, sometimes 10 sek and blinking, and again and again. Same situation is with coaxial connection. i have tryed auto detect and fixed dectect. Sametimes i have problem with i2s lock with no usb cable connected, same like upper 7 second and led is blinking, and all the time lock, no lock lock,no lock. Even problrm is to Connect to pc by rs232 adapter. Same time puffy program dont se soekris, or sametimes it get lock with pc, i have change all soft from 0,99 to 1.21 with no lock. For exemple it get lock with pc, i have change soft to 1.06, and when i write in puffy exit the led is blinking, and locking. Ale the time. I have days when dac plays normaly, with no problem.
This is my 8 soekris, so i have an little expierence with it, but i never have this problem. How to try fpga works corectly?

All my dacs are full modded, but i have modded 8 dacs, 4 is batery powered with no on board power suply l. Only 3.3batery to clock, 3.3batery to 1.2v discrete stabilizer to fpga, and 4 3.3v bateries to registers. Dac dont have i2s isolators,and dont have muting site. Works good all the time i have it, it is my friend dac and he probybly wrong connect one,or two bateries in shift registry site. 4 of registers on plus site have little dot on it,looks like Little hole. When i mesuered output i get only 1.060v and one cannal(this with 4 registers with holes) and have 8mV dc , second channel dont have dc on output but have same 1.060v on out. My sec3ond dac 1021 v2 same modded, bateries and xmos usb work very good, absolutly no problems, have 1.2v on each channel with no dc .(1.2v becouse registers are powered from 3.3 to 3.6v life po4 bateries) sound absolutly amaizing.

Please help me what to do with my friend v3 dam dac? It is pasible that domaged shift registers are hase an impact with fpga so i dont work corectly and have problem with connection lock? Iv i know good only one connection fpga and registers are caps so even with full domaged registers the fpga will work good, im good thinking? Very thanks!

First, the DC-DC regulator for the 1.2V FPGA core is specified for 4.5-V to 17-V Input voltage, so you might have a problem there....

And remember the power good circuit needs +7V on the input....

The shift registers driving the resistor network can't cause anything like that no matter what.

Output voltages are a product off the vref voltages.

Hello i dont have any onboard regulators. I have only one special 1.2v discrete regulators speciality designet to work on 3 to 4v on in.
Mayby it is problem with soft ? But i change it corectly, with no problems. When it is connected to pc, via rs232 and dam locking and unlocking all the time with couple seccond remeing on puffy i see
LO96
LO96
LO96
LO96

All the time.

Please tell me how many mA will drain fpga, and how many clock? The problem with lock connection is on i2s,coaxial and sometimes same frequency on rs232 connection. I dont know that i can change soft when led is blinking.

The FPGA can draw up to 1A, depending on firmware version, vers 1.20+ is running at higher clock speed internally.

The oscillator only draw around 25 mA.

I can't help much with such modified board. Just try to Power PWR+ and PWR- with min +-7V.

Modyfications dont have any joint with connetions problems. Only fpga have control all, i2s is goint thruu i2s isolators to fpga, yes
. Coaxial is goint to fpga or it have reciver? And rs232 socket is goint to fpga. Fpga have have good linear suply 1.2v . It was playing good. But something mayby go wrong with soft,or filters change? Every thinks looks good in changing,sometimes led is blinking in this moment for few seconds. it is pasible to show logs by puffy? What is going on with fpga? Please help me.