• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

Reference DAC Module - Discrete R-2R Sign Magnitude 24 bit 384 KHz

set filters is usually only available after you typed ###, you are then in the "settings mode".

So you did not type ### after the power cycle and still are able to use set filters?
No I did not type ###, only typed " set filter = mixed", and the filter changed. But, when I type F6 it is showing invalid command.

Attachments

• IMG_20191010_220717.jpg
    IMG_20191010_220717.jpg
    882.4 KB · Views: 406
Typo form me I mean +++ not ###, sorry.
O.K. I took out my serial connection and the manual (for the right names) an tested myself:
If you see the promt # you are in the u-manager mode (the one you get if you type +++).
To get out of it you need to type exit (not quit as I wrongly said) or do a power cycle.

So if you see the #-promt after a power cycle nor do get rid of it by typing exit ... there is something wrong.

F4 is a command that you cant do on the same promt as e.g. "filters all". In order to get F4 accepted, you need to enter exit. Then, F4 and e.g. V-10 is OK. But you know this right?

//
Thank you very much, it worked. F4 etc command cannot be executed from umanager, it works outside umanager. One more query, I could not differentiate the sound within the filters. I know the difference is very less and needs revealing system. My system consists frist watt m2, diy tube pre and DIY finalist speaker, so it is not a bad setup. I have installed partypack filter. I know its a silly question and already discussed. Regards

Is the silabs clock used actually that good, looking at the manuals for their clock the phase noise is only measured from 12 kHz to 20 MHz, and not from 10hz like the Crystek/NDK/Accusilicon.

Is it possible to replace the silabs clock in the soekris?

I think you mix up the RMS Phase Jitter which almost anybody specifies for the 12kHz-20MHz bandwidth - a de facto standard to make the numbers comparable and the numbers for the Phase Noise (which by the way are specified in the SI514 data sheet from 100Hz on).

The interesting question is more what at all are the relevant parameters of the clock for audio purpose? I.e. has the Jitter/Phase noise "at x Hz" of the clock any effect "at x HZ" on the audio output?

TNT

Joined 2003
Paid Member
After my clock insight revelation I bothered to bring out my double isolated re-clocker from IanCanada here on the forum. It's equipped with selected NDK clocks. Broke it apart and added also toslink as an output. Sound is really different. With my latest filters (TNTmode) I have never heard this DAC sounding so "real". It's almost strange at first but makes music more realistic reproduced I'm certain of. I spent 3,5 hours on the Stockholm Opera House yesterday and play some opera when I came home. Yepp - with the re-clocking the DAC is more like IRL.

So, Sören, I don't think your re-clocker work to meet your SOTA goal. Please fix 2 modes, one Movie mode (as today) and one that really don't change the clock (large buffer?) - of course longer delay is accepted in "Hifi" mode.

OAO //

PS: Excuse to those I have answered that the clock don't matter for the DAM DAC - I trusted the original description from the designer I could not believe it has this questionable implementation.

After my clock insight revelation I bothered to bring out my double isolated re-clocker from IanCanada here on the forum. It's equipped with selected NDK clocks. Broke it apart and added also toslink as an output. Sound is really different. With my latest filters (TNTmode) I have never heard this DAC sounding so "real". It's almost strange at first but makes music more realistic reproduced I'm certain of. I spent 3,5 hours on the Stockholm Opera House yesterday and play some opera when I came home. Yepp - with the re-clocking the DAC is more like IRL.

So, Sören, I don't think your re-clocker work to meet your SOTA goal. Please fix 2 modes, one Movie mode (as today) and one that really don't change the clock (large buffer?) - of course longer delay is accepted in "Hifi" mode.

OAO //

PS: Excuse to those I have answered that the clock don't matter for the DAM DAC - I trusted the original description from the designer I could not believe it has this questionable implementation.

TNT, interesting. Why output the reclocker via toslink instead of using I2S?

Well I'm sure Nige2000 is nodding sagely wherever he is - I've used a potato flip flop reclock via I2s on multiple occasions with the 1021 and each time the result is an audibly more natural presentation. The reclocking is essential IMO - for the 1021 at least.

TNT, I'm occupied with other projects at the moment, but I intend to listen to your new filters when I get some free time...