• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

Reference DAC Module - Discrete R-2R Sign Magnitude 24 bit 384 KHz

Danny, you're da man! Admin works, now I have to find out best settings. Which ones did you choose?

I can't look up them now, because I'm on a skiing holiday :)

According to the author, the default is already good :
1. After selecting Source and Target samplerates, the resampler suggests the optimal configuration. In most cases this is the best choise.

Last edited:

TNT

Joined 2003
Paid Member
Have you had a look at the linked post ?
https://www.diyaudio.com/forums/equ...er-ak5397-ak5394a-ak4490-227.html#post5446063

I am quite sure it is the the receiver. With my fireface 800 (192kHz specified receivers/transmitters) no problems occur.
Aslo, if I use (copper) Toslink instead of the optical connection on the affected devices no problems occur.
I have some 25Mbps receivers now but have not yet found the time to replaces the 15Mbps receivers.

That brings me to the last page in the thread. Do You use the #postnumber (right upper corner of the post) as a link?

//

I have no idea why, but it is so much better, try it. And I'll have a look at Jriver too now...
Danny, take care of your ligaments...just today a friend destroyed some in the knee skiing.

It might just be a different filter. I don’t doubt that you believe it’s better though. Would you care to try 1.19 linear vs partypak bank 2 EQHQv5 apo? The new stock filter has way more bass and maybe a bit “smoother”, can’t say which is better but partypak is theoretically sound. You can update filter by “download” in umanager and power cycle.

The Resampler-V plugin uses the SOX and the SSRC libraries.
Those libraries are much more extensive then what you can put in the FPGA.
Also the Resampler-V plugin uses the much larger processing power of your PC.

Okay. I’ll try it with newNOS in the afternoon. I would love to put my Xeons to good use :)

Question, what’s the SOTA with SOX libraries, if a comparison can be drawn with the the filters we have in the FPGA

It might just be a different filter. I don’t doubt that you believe it’s better though. Would you care to try 1.19 linear vs partypak bank 2 EQHQv5 apo? The new stock filter has way more bass and maybe a bit “smoother”, can’t say which is better but partypak is theoretically sound. You can update filter by “download” in umanager and power cycle.

I have the Dam1121, so I don't know how the software and filter situation is right now. AFAIK I have Bambadoos filter pak installed.