• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

Reference DAC Module - Discrete R-2R Sign Magnitude 24 bit 384 KHz

New firmware and filters for dam1021

Ok, the new dam1021 firmware and 4K anti-aliasing filters are now up at Soekris Engineering ApS, Downloads

I call it a beta as there are just too many revision and build variation out there, but if/when everything works then I will release it as ver 1.20.

The main new function is the new and improved anti-aliasing filters, now supporting double the number of taps, so up to 4K taps at 44.1 Ksps. Reports from dac1xxx users indicates that the new filters are great and worth an upgrade....

I have also ported the input source auto select code from the dac1xxx, so it now works very smooth....

The volume command is now more robust, and there is a new runtime phase select function, PN | PI, where PN is normal and PI is invert.

Please let me know if there are other wishes. But I will not at this time work on support for external clocks, it's of little use, it's complicated, and mostly, I don't have any setup to test it.

Last edited:
First I have to complete the version for the dam1121, then it have to trickle down the sales chain.... So I can't say when, anyway, a dam1121 user are supposed to be able to update the firmware....
I would like to have a dam1121 which is up to date when I buy it. The dam1121 is the last missing pice of my DAC PreAmp puzzle ;-)
So I would like to wait for your "go"...
;-)
Do you think May is a realistic date?

New firmware and filters for dam1021

Ok, the new dam1021 firmware and 4K anti-aliasing filters are now up at Soekris Engineering ApS, Downloads

I call it a beta as there are just too many revision and build variation out there, but if/when everything works then I will release it as ver 1.20.

The main new function is the new and improved anti-aliasing filters, now supporting double the number of taps, so up to 4K taps at 44.1 Ksps. Reports from dac1xxx users indicates that the new filters are great and worth an upgrade....

I have also ported the input source auto select code from the dac1xxx, so it now works very smooth....

The volume command is now more robust, and there is a new runtime phase select function, PN | PI, where PN is normal and PI is invert.

Please let me know if there are other wishes. But I will not at this time work on support for external clocks, it's of little use, it's complicated, and mostly, I don't have any setup to test it.

@Soren

Thanks!, another wish is perhaps to limit gain if possible with pot volume to +0dB?

SQ impressions?

//

It's a bit difficult to say. I only had about 3-4 hours of intensive listening.

The first impression I had is that the sound is more relaxed/ less strained with a little bit more resolution. But the differences a very small.

In the moment I'm listening to Beethovens 9th... realizing that I'm to tired to listen and have to startover tomorrow :mad: