• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

Reference DAC Module - Discrete R-2R Sign Magnitude 24 bit 384 KHz

Traffos for I or V amplification is a poor choice, I agree from exprience.
But just an output transformer after the active I/V stays at least for .me a better choice.
The impedance seen at the output is the same in the hearing range if you setup the RC correctly: the bass will not suffer while not having the bad selfic of a cap in the trebles and providing a shorter loop ground with the following stage.
But this is not an everytime rule...sure. must be tryed is just what i want to tell.

Hello Soren:

Am excited to hear that production has begun! Please answer an important and obvious question for all of us who e-mailed reservations to you over the past year:

a) Once the web shops open (I am waiting for USA site), does everybody--including those of us who should already be on your first batch list-- need to enter their order, address, and payment details at the site?
OR
b) Will you be e-mailing instructions/acknowledgement/order code number to all of us who reserved early on?
OR perhaps
c) We all (new and old) go to your site, enter and pay for order, and you somehow match up our real names to our DIYaudio screen names or old e-mails we sent to you, thus ensuring orders get filled according to reservation date priority?

Not sure how you would accomplish "c)" above very easily.
We are all just looking to you to be clear about how we are to proceed with the process, since you are running both a normal web shop and have been taking reservations for a year.

Thanks and regards,
-- Alex C.

Joined 2009
Paid Member
Hello Soren:

Am excited to hear that production has begun! Please answer an important and obvious question for all of us who e-mailed reservations to you over the past year:

a) Once the web shops open (I am waiting for USA site), does everybody--including those of us who should already be on your first batch list-- need to enter their order, address, and payment details at the site?
OR
b) Will you be e-mailing instructions/acknowledgement/order code number to all of us who reserved early on?
OR perhaps
c) We all (new and old) go to your site, enter and pay for order, and you somehow match up our real names to our DIYaudio screen names or old e-mails we sent to you, thus ensuring orders get filled according to reservation date priority?

Not sure how you would accomplish "c)" above very easily.
We are all just looking to you to be clear about how we are to proceed with the process, since you are running both a normal web shop and have been taking reservations for a year.

Thanks and regards,
-- Alex C.

All I have is the diyaudio nicknames, so everybody need to enter the order at the webshops once they're ready to accept orders. They do have a spreadsheet with nickname and dates so shipments will be in priority order. But as the next production lot also is being made now it doesn't matter that much....

All I have is the diyaudio nicknames, so everybody need to enter the order at the webshops once they're ready to accept orders. They do have a spreadsheet with nickname and dates so shipments will be in priority order. But as the next production lot also is being made now it doesn't matter that much....

Thanks for the reply. So then, will the web order form have a field for comments where we should list our DIYaudio nickname?
And for those who e-mailed you directly way back when, your staff will have to cross-check that too.

Hi, could anyone enlight me how to get this dac. I have placed order for 0.02% version (by diyaudio)n november, but havent got any confirmation ar request to pay deposit. Now when the boards are available or actualy was -when spzzzkt wrote his post-now I see its all sold out. Its but unfair not contacting by simple message or paypal invoice. :( Or I'm only one who overslept sale(trying to go to this thread at least twice a week)?

Disabled Account
Joined 2005
Hi, could anyone enlight me how to get this dac. I have placed order for 0.02% version (by diyaudio)n november, but havent got any confirmation ar request to pay deposit. Now when the boards are available or actualy was -when spzzzkt wrote his post-now I see its all sold out. Its but unfair not contacting by simple message or paypal invoice. :( Or I'm only one who overslept sale(trying to go to this thread at least twice a week)?

You should try reading the thread or at least Søren's posts from the past week.

- Søren does not confirm requests
- Soekris staff have a spreadsheet with names of everyone who expressed interest in the thread to by PM.
- Order via website (whenever they are available) with your DIYAudio username in the comments.

Joined 2006
Paid Member
The US site is now showing all boards in stock and a note that the boards will begin shipping 19/1/2015.

Thanks for pointing that out! Silly me, I kept looking for it on the front page, like the Euro site.

Got mine ordered up.

I just hope no one named IDK wants theirs shipped before 1/20/15.

Thanks Soren for getting this product conceived/designed/manufactured.

I must be getting old. The DAC is right there on the EU site, but I cannot find it on the US site, not front and center, not with any search (Reference DAC, dam1021, nothing) and there is no apparent webshop. The latest news on the site dates back to July of last year.

Could anyone post the direct link to the actual product? TIA - Pat

Last edited:
Joined 2006
Paid Member
Hi Pat. I made the same mistake, I assumed it would show in the drop down of the "Products" section, but it only show up in the list of all the products (page 2) when you click on "Products", ignore the drop down!

PS - we *are* getting old, so you are correct...

yep, the sites are different. Even going back, I almost did not "click" on the "Products" link, which brings up all his offerings.

Of course, it would have been nice to have the DAC or R2R letters somewhere in the description of the boards. You have to recognize them, and pick between the 01, 02 and 05 boards.

If you click on a board picture, it opens up with a bit better wording, and a place to input your DIYAudio Moniker.

Hi Pat. I made the same mistake, I assumed it would show in the drop down of the "Products" section, but it only show up in the list of all the products (page 2) when you click on "Products", ignore the drop down!

PS - we *are* getting old, so you are correct...

Yup, have to get past the Medicare card to get to the debit these days. ;) Thanks for the help.