Go Back   Home > Forums > > >
Home Forums Rules Articles diyAudio Store Blogs Gallery Wiki Register Donations FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Vendor's Bazaar Commercial Vendors large & small hawking their wares

Reference DAC Module - Discrete R-2R Sign Magnitude 24 bit 384 Khz
Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving
Closed Thread

Old 12th February 2019, 03:45 AM   #8711
spikestabber is offline spikestabber  Canada
diyAudio Member

I've already done the 3v3 upgrades a long time ago, extra clock & 3v3 capacitance, using sparko discretes in that place, bypassed 5V regulators, etc, there isn't much left that can be done with this build that hasn't already been done before or previously recommended. Any jitter in the FPGA is as low it will be without further using some linear job for the 1v8 FPGA power. It might even be worth buffering the 5V leads before going into the series resistor, the rather long power traces aren't exactly what I call great after looking at one of the boards from the underside, I'll be bypassing the 5V at each series transistor input (existing super regulator mod) for the next mod.

Last edited by spikestabber; 12th February 2019 at 03:49 AM.

Old 12th February 2019, 01:12 PM   #8712
soekris is offline soekris  Denmark
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by wintermute View Post
moderation generally does not moderate vendors threads. In dedicated vendors forums the vendors themselves had moderation powers. In Vendors Bazaar we generally will only moderate blatantly rules breaking posts.

ynmichael I note that a number of members have voiced their displeasure at your constant posts to this thread. daanve has a good point why don't you open your own thread.
So how do I get my own forum, I would love to be able to clean my threads up myself ? Actually I asked long time ago, but at that time I was told that wasn't resources to do it then....

Old 12th February 2019, 01:22 PM   #8713
bambadoo is offline bambadoo  Norway
diyAudio Member

You should have mod rights in your own thread under Vendors Bazaar

Old 12th February 2019, 01:25 PM   #8714
soekris is offline soekris  Denmark
diyAudio Member

Shift registers / buffer. The used 74LVC595 is simple the best for the job. They're faster and have lower output impedance than the HC types.

And I actually measured output impedance on them, not just datasheet specs. And the tiny packages I used on all the next boards are even nicer and have lower wire impedance....

Using discrete mosfet, as some do, is not something I will, to many complications without improvements....

If anything should be improved there, I would need to make a custom chip, basically a power shift register, have already looked into it, but high cost....

And yes, there will at some time come a follow up on the dam1941, using larger FPGA, if I don't decide to drop DIY, I'm a little tired of getting hammered all the time.

And thanks for all the people who enjoy the boards and write nicely, that's why I'm still here, don't really want the few ******** to ruin things for the majority...

Old 12th February 2019, 02:28 PM   #8715
bsy020 is offline bsy020  Israel
diyAudio Member

Default Don't be discouraged Soren

Please don't be discouraged Soren. I can only speak for myself but
Its obvious the overwhelming majority is very pleased with your DIY DAM, enjoying it every day, and waiting to whatever next you'll come up with.

Old 12th February 2019, 02:36 PM   #8716
bambadoo is offline bambadoo  Norway
diyAudio Member

Silence is golden.. Keep it up. After getting the rev1 when it appeared some years ago I have never looked back.

Old 12th February 2019, 02:48 PM   #8717
boxerfan88 is offline boxerfan88
diyAudio Member

I am a satisfied dac1541 user. Subscribe to this thread to follow the technology developments. I cringe when I see the overblown hammering.

Old 12th February 2019, 05:23 PM   #8718
derekr is offline derekr  Barbados
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bsy020 View Post
Please don't be discouraged Soren. I can only speak for myself but
Its obvious the overwhelming majority is very pleased with your DIY DAM, enjoying it every day, and waiting to whatever next you'll come up with.
+1

Thanks Søren, your DAM DACs have certainly played their part in my enjoyment of life over the last few years

May it continue...

Old 12th February 2019, 07:37 PM   #8719
fedde is offline fedde  Netherlands
diyAudio Member

Yes, the Soekris DAC is special. Natural and transparent sound, good format compatibility, digital volume control, isolation, serial communication with isolation, custom filters, upgradeable and being able to drive an power amplifier like my nc400 directly without any buffering or i to v stages. Good stuff...

Fedde

Old 12th February 2019, 08:00 PM   #8720
ynmichael is offline ynmichael
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by boxerfan88 View Post
I am a satisfied dac1541 user. Subscribe to this thread to follow the technology developments. I cringe when I see the overblown hammering.
I might’ve done it a bit more than is usually deserved, but given the forum communication constraints I did slightly differently. If I was unreasonable, I apologize, but there are other reasons that “hammering” might make you cringe.

Closed Thread

Reference DAC Module - Discrete R-2R Sign Magnitude 24 bit 384 KhzHide this!Advertise here!