Go Back   Home > Forums > > >
Home Forums Rules Articles diyAudio Store Blogs Gallery Wiki Register Donations FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Vendor's Bazaar Commercial Vendors large & small hawking their wares

Reference DAC Module - Discrete R-2R Sign Magnitude 24 bit 384 Khz
Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 20th November 2019, 09:04 PM   #8671
soekris is offline soekris  Denmark
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by living sounds View Post
Hi Søren,

are you still planning on doing a SAR ADC? I still think there would be a market for it (and I would certainly buy it).
Yes, I have stuff in my CAD system and are moving forward.... Not sure how to sell them if I make one, it will probably not be a DIY project, although I'm considering a special deal for people her....
Old 20th November 2019, 09:05 PM   #8672
TNT is offline TNT  Sweden
diyAudio Member

Nice!!!

//
Old 21st November 2019, 01:19 PM   #8673
living sounds is offline living sounds  Germany
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by soekris View Post
Yes, I have stuff in my CAD system and are moving forward.... Not sure how to sell them if I make one, it will probably not be a DIY project, although I'm considering a special deal for people her....
Exciting!

From my perspective this is predominantly a pro audio device and would make most sense as a finished unit with input clipping protection and a state of the art input stage. DC coupled and offset taken care of with a servo (that's how Prism Audio does it).

As for marketing, news would spread quickly through message boards. I know I would create shoot outs and post these online, and other people would as well. And I would tell anyone in the studio world who would listen if this audibly beat the current S-D AD converters in the same way the DAM1021 beats the S-D DACs.

Maybe the tricky part is the filter? TNT's creation earlier this year took the DAM1021 to a whole new level. It would probably be a good idea if it were user programmable. And I guess there will be an analog filter stage in front as well...
Old 8th December 2019, 04:13 AM   #8674
kenneth_obee is offline kenneth_obee  Hong Kong
diyAudio Member

Hi everyone,

I got a problematic dam1021, it always jump to prompt when I connect the serial without pressing +++. Moreover, the input always set to I3, and the firmware revision is incorrect. I have upgraded the firmware to 1.21 (latest) still no luck.

(The first one is a normal dam1021, which can show the revision correctly. The lower one is the one with problem)

Before upgrading the firmware to 1.21, it was v0.8
Attached Images
File Type: png Capture.PNG (9.5 KB, 116 views)
File Type: png Capture2.PNG (1.6 KB, 119 views)

Last edited by kenneth_obee; 8th December 2019 at 04:16 AM.
Old 8th December 2019, 04:56 AM   #8675
diyAudio Member

Quote:
If it shows rev F.F, then the FPGA image is not downloaded correctly. The uManager should always work, even with incorrect FPGA image.

The image get downloaded directly to the FPGA Flash, it's not like it get loaded afterwards.... I'm using the same source code as for my line of embedded computers, so it should be ok.

I'm using HyperTerminal on Windows, that I never had any problems with.
The same issue was mentioned in post #1434.
The rev F.FF means problem in firmware...

I tried to flash the firmware to 0.9, then to 1.06 then to 1.21 but still the firmware is F.FF.

Soren, is there a way to reset this thing? Thanks !
Old 8th December 2019, 11:56 AM   #8676
soekris is offline soekris  Denmark
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenneth_obee View Post
The same issue was mentioned in post #1434.
The rev F.FF means problem in firmware...

I tried to flash the firmware to 0.9, then to 1.06 then to 1.21 but still the firmware is F.FF.

Soren, is there a way to reset this thing? Thanks !
No need to reset anything, if uManager runs, you can download new firmware.... Are you remembering to use the "update" command after downloading new firmware and then do a power cycle ? The 2nd picture still show rev 0.8....
Old 8th December 2019, 12:39 PM   #8677
diyAudio Member

Quote:
No need to reset anything, if uManager runs, you can download new firmware.... Are you remembering to use the "update" command after downloading new firmware and then do a power cycle ? The 2nd picture still show rev 0.8....
The second pic was the very beginning.
I take off the board and clean up. Now it is back to normal.
Thanks

Reference DAC Module - Discrete R-2R Sign Magnitude 24 bit 384 KhzHide this!Advertise here!