Go Back   Home > Forums > > >
Home Forums Rules Articles diyAudio Store Blogs Gallery Wiki Register Donations FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Vendor's Bazaar Commercial Vendors large & small hawking their wares

Reference DAC Module - Discrete R-2R Sign Magnitude 24 bit 384 Khz
Reference DAC Module - Discrete R-2R Sign Magnitude 24 bit 384 Khz
Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 16th March 2019, 04:32 AM   #8371
gapson is offline gapson  Hong Kong
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by androa76 View Post
Some voltage drop on inductors and diodes that are between wires and cap test points. Connect dc on capacitor positions after diodes.
Thanks androa76, would try that out.
Quote:
Originally Posted by lwr View Post
Please report the SQ differences you’re hearing after replacing the 1541 SMPS with DIY LT3045.

Have you also replaced the output low pass ceramic filter caps with equivalent value polystyrenes?
Definitely, let's see for the differences would reached to...

lwr, could you please point me to the location of the filter caps? Thanks heaps!
Quote:
Originally Posted by soekris View Post
+-10.8V would probably be fine, will just reduce the headphones output power a little....

But you should check your power supplies and the wires, there shouldn't really be that much loss....
I found the music became too soft for 10.8v. I was also aware of the voltage drop which shouldn't be happening.

Quote:
Originally Posted by soekris View Post
+-10.8V would probably be fine, will just reduce the headphones output power a little....

But you should check your power supplies and the wires, there shouldn't really be that much loss....
Hi Soren,

I just PM you. Thanks.
Old 16th March 2019, 08:12 PM   #8372
ynmichael is offline ynmichael
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by living sounds View Post
Great this thread is back. The DAM1021 with vref caps added and TNT's v2 linear filter sounds great.
Can’t say I agree with the first part of the statement. To me, it’s no less important for the benefit of the community to have a better understanding of what it means when we say something sounds great and leave it at that, than to apparently agree that it does sound great, even though in this case I believe the statement is true.

But I also think that it would be of great benefit to the community if someone can contribute further ABX data on the mods we’ve been discussing...

Last edited by ynmichael; 16th March 2019 at 08:25 PM.
Old 16th March 2019, 08:58 PM   #8373
TNT is offline TNT  Sweden
diyAudio Member

Why don't you? You are asking for contribution but add none yourself. Do something valuable and useful!

//
Old 16th March 2019, 10:41 PM   #8374
ynmichael is offline ynmichael
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TNT View Post
Why don't you? You are asking for contribution but add none yourself. Do something valuable and useful!

//
Haha! Nice one. I added the second part just to affirm part of livingsound’s view on what this thread ought to be. But it doesn’t say what anyone should be contributing. We have other identities than members of diyAudio

And I was also thinking about my last post. But I thought I said something further that I really did not - without ABX data, our expectation of gains from mods are at best highly uncertain. That to me seems good reason to think much less about doing them. Hence my point above: this doesn’t make the knowledge of the value of each mod any less useful. I refrained from urging anyone to go for it since it really depends on individual circumstances of which I know nothing about, but perhaps I was still misleading

Last edited by ynmichael; 16th March 2019 at 10:50 PM.
Old 17th March 2019, 08:38 AM   #8375
danny_66 is offline danny_66  Belgium
diyAudio Member

Hi Soekris,
Here's some positive feedback from bc108 about your latest firmware.
Old 17th March 2019, 08:54 PM   #8376
Peterma is offline Peterma  Australia
diyAudio Member

Some comments are best left unanswered, as annoying as it is, negativity can really drag a forum down!
Old 18th March 2019, 07:05 PM   #8377
mocenigo is offline mocenigo  Germany
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peterma View Post
Some comments are best left unanswered, as annoying as it is, negativity can really drag a forum down!
+1

Soeren has given us great DACs. If one has not the required skills to work with one of the DIY ones, they can still buy the completed ones. I have a 1541 and I am definitely not disappointed.

Roberto
Old 19th March 2019, 03:17 PM   #8378
bitinhvi is offline bitinhvi  Viet Nam
diyAudio Member

Send a message via Yahoo to bitinhvi
Hi, anyone tried LifePO4 battery for Vref on V4? I found only RandyTsuch and other members done it on V1. Not sure I can do exactly same (i.e wiring) on V1.

Reference DAC Module - Discrete R-2R Sign Magnitude 24 bit 384 KhzHide this!Advertise here!