• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

Pulsar Clock - Ultra Low Noise OCXO

To help those who asked us how to find easily the information on the Pulsar Clock
we post here this summary. Information is also available here.

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

SPECIFICATIONS
Phase Noise: Pulsar Clock exhibits one of the best phase noise profiles available on the market, phase noise figures are provided in the datasheet for each frequency
Standard Frequencies: 11.289600 MHz 12.288000 MHz 22.579200 MHz 24.576000 MHz
45.158400 MHz 49.152000 MHz 90.316800 MHz 98.304000 MHz 100.000000 MHz
Power Supply Voltage: + 3.3 Vdc
Output Waveform: HCMOS
DIP14 Pinout: directly plugs into clock sockets or can be soldered
Low Steady State Current: 50 mA Max
Low Warm Up Current: 150 mA Max
Quick Warm Up: 120 seconds Max

FEATURES
· Ultra Low Phase Noise
· Femtosecond Jitter
· Very Low Power Consumption
· Laser Etched Serial Number
· Easy Installation
· Designed for High-End Audio DAC
· Makes digital music a unique listening experience

DATASHEET
Link to the latest version of the Pulsar Clock Datasheet
Current Revision 1.0.1 of the Pulsar Clock datasheet is annexed to this post

PULSAR CLOCK PRICE
Frequencies up to 98.304 MHz: ea. 350 Euro + V.A.T. where applicable + Insured Shipping & Handling
100 MHz Frequency: ea. 310 Euro + V.A.T. where applicable + Insured Shipping & Handling

HOW TO ORDER PULSAR CLOCK
Pulsar Clock are classified as dual use items so before shipment you could be requested to sign and End User Statement.
To order Pulsar Clock just click here and compile the Google Forms made to provide us in a safe way all and only the necessary information to send you the End User Statement and the Quotation for signature.
When we receive the signed documents we send you the Invoice and the relevant PayPal payment request.
Privacy Policy and Terms & Conditions are available in the Google Forms.
PayPal accepts all the main Credit Cards providing you many guaranties for a safe purchase.
Upon payment Pulsar Clocks are delivered with a UPS Insured Shipment.

PULSAR CLOCK REVIEWS
Review #1
Review #2

I clicked at the link "To order Pulsar Clock just click here". It did not go anywhere !!!.... It kept replaying the screen as an attached picture bellow.

Anyway !!!.... I am interested in a 45.1584Mhz, a 49.152Mhz, and a power board. How to get the form, sign, pay .... ect ?

Attachments

• PulsaClockOrderingError.jpg
    PulsaClockOrderingError.jpg
    46.1 KB · Views: 309
Dear henry97,
Pulsar Clock is classified as "Dual Use" item and requires specific export authorizations and management. The company is undergoing a reorganization that includes a better management of the whole procedure so right now Pulsar Clock is temporarily unavailable for purchase.
For the above reason the old link to the order form leads to the message with our official e-mail address, anyone can contact us for information and to be contacted as soon as the Pulsar Clock will be newly available for purchase.
Technical information is always available on the Pulsar Clock & Power pages.

Hi Pulsar
As I am looking for a clock to up grade my Auralic Vega Dac Cystral 575 clock I am wondering if you back in business yet?

Dear IANB2,
as you can see the Pulsar Clock project is still in good health even if the parts are currently not available for purchase.
We started this project in order to share with DIYers the benefits of an extremely low phase noise clock at low cost despite the complexity of this project that can't be managed as a group buy. The key point is that the initial commercialization of the Pulsar Clocks showed clearly that a different organization is needed to manage these products that for their nature requires a commercial and export structure economically incompatible with the very small demand of the DIY market.
As we believe in this project we are working now to a new commercial structure in order to be back again to share the Pulsar Clocks with DIYers even if currently we can't foresee how long this phase will take; due to its complexity we can immagine that it won't be very soon, we suggest you to check periodically this thread or the Pulsar Clock web site to be informed at the right time.
Feel free to contact us again for any question.

it will be based on tda1541a. the clock will be supplying the philips Saa72XX chips and the tda1541a as well.

Thank you flyboi for the information. The TDA1541a works with a clock up to 6.4 MHz so I immagine that you are thinking to a Pulsar Clock with a low frequency (e.g. 5.6448 MHz and/or 6.144 MHz), lower than 11.2896 MHz that is the minimum one of the current selection..

Hi Pulsar,this is a updated version available soon?

clsidxxl, there are no current plans to update the Pulsar Clock version, we are going to propose the same Pulsar Clocks. In the post we were just going to better understand the 5V request from flyboi.

Thank you flyboi for the information. The TDA1541a works with a clock up to 6.4 MHz so I immagine that you are thinking to a Pulsar Clock with a low frequency (e.g. 5.6448 MHz and/or 6.144 MHz), lower than 11.2896 MHz that is the minimum one of the current selection..

clsidxxl, there are no current plans to update the Pulsar Clock version, we are going to propose the same Pulsar Clocks. In the post we were just going to better understand the 5V request from flyboi.

i will be using the 11.2896Mhz version. This clock will be used at the digital filter section. Do you have the time frame when the 5v version will come out? Actually, I have been monitoring this thread since the beginning.

flyboi, thank you for your kind patience. We greatly appreciate your attention since far to our project! The silence was hiding an intense work to meet sooner your request and now I'm glad I can tell you that the 5V option will be available for the next production lot. The production date is not yet defined because probably we will collect reservations in a sort of GB for production. As you know the clocks requires specific export rules so we are still working to the details that will be communicated as soon as possible.

Stig's review of the Pulsar clock a few pages back piqued my interest sufficiently for me to place an order. I received an 11.289mhz version which has replaced a Crystal CCHD-957 45.158mhz on my clock board (Ian Jin's dual clock model). The Pulsar regulator board that I ordered has not yet been installed as I have the clock board powered by a lifepo4 battery. I use Ian Jin's full complement of boards including the FIFO buffer, isolator and clock board.

The difference between the Pulsar and Crystek clocks is significant. I'm surprised that there can be such a difference but it's apparent within the first few moments of listening. The level of detail I can hear using the Pulsar clock is remarkable. There's also not a trace of hardness and the soundstage on good quality recordings is vast!

Anyone seeking to squeeze more from their digital setup ought to try the Pulsar clock.

James