• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

TSSA V1.7 mosfet Current feedback amp module

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Thanks buzzforb.

YEs i have noticed that i am an beginner in selling my stuff.

I prefer your expertise in design, just wish there is something to be done about the sales end of things. I have recommended the amp to a few folks. Perhaps we can light a bit of a fire. I am sure that if people would take the plunge, it would not take long. It is one of the few amps I have heard that can get better as you surround it with higher quality compliments(system components, not parts)

So you live on Bornholm . If you pass Odense some time you Can listen to them...

Thanks a lot. Unfortunately, I suffer from a severe muscle disease with pain and cramping and have to rest / stay in bed most of the day :-( Nevertheless: I will take a plunge on this as I have had a very good feeling about your project from all I have read about it :)

I would like to buy a complete amp set (2 modules with 2 (?) of your CAP PSU kits, etc) for a SET version. I will probably not be able to put it together myself as my health is now, but I will find someone to help me :)

All the best
- and thanks to you and the guys in here

Per

diyAudio Chief Moderator
Joined 2002
Paid Member
I use a second order Darlington Cmultiplier with Toshiba 2SC5200 and F&T capacitors for the V1.6. But not double mono and eats some voltage also. I am running it at 0.6A bias per channel and the sinks become hot enough during summertime in Greece. Can I set V1.7 at say 0.3A per channel without losing some "icing on the cake" performance? I can drop it in for the same PCB stand-offs and sink tapered holes I believe.

The BASIC TSSA design has a poor transition into class B from class A. First of all, you need a lot of gain to make a large voltage sweep on the output devices. The sweep is used to turn the transistor off and on.

The basic TSSA had a 470R resistor. The TSSA V1.6 had 2K which was possible with the circuit and still keep some stability in idle current.

With the new design that has improved thermal stability it is raised to 15K or 7.5x more open loop gain against TSSA V1.6.

You can still run 1A in bias. That would mean that you will be in class A most of the time. With less sensitive speaker it should improve things. But the two amps that are running now is runnign at 0.4A. The friend of mine had his TSSA V1.6 running at 1.5A before, and still the TSSA V1.7 is way better with only 0.4A bias.

So it is a WIN-WIN ... Better performance, less heat, longer life time, and smaller electrical bill... he he he

u7a9y7ed.jpg

This is the internal buildup.

As you Can see the wiring is very simple. I use only Potted toroid as they are nearly humfree

It has a single capbank of 120.000uF for both channel and a 500VA toroid from noratel of 2x25VAC.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
diyAudio Chief Moderator
Joined 2002
Paid Member
What is the voltage gain of V1.7? I run V1.6 at 26dB but I would not mind 28dB ability in V1.7 since I use a buffer preamp. Not losing out in Zo or THD when trading some NFB for sensitivity now with plenty open loop gain on tap I would suppose.

But are there through hole external resistors for fixing the gain and instructions in V1.7 as in the previous amp?

What is the voltage gain of V1.7? I run V1.6 at 26dB but I would not mind 28dB ability in V1.7 since I use a buffer preamp. Not losing out in Zo or THD when trading some NFB for sensitivity now with plenty open loop gain on tap I would suppose.

But are there through hole external resistors for fixing the gain and instructions in V1.7 as in the previous amp?

R11 and R12 is 1K and R13 and R14 is 49.9R. It gives you an gain of 21x or 26.4dB.

To get 28dB. R11 and R12 should be 1.2K.

Hi Sonnya,

I am glad to see that your thread is taking off and that there are orders for it. I seem to have a very local financial crisis here..... So I must be patient.

But I was wondering what kind of preamp would be right for the TSSA 1.7. I just finished a DCB1 (no hotrod) which I like very much.

Or can you place a good (DACT for example) attenuator?

Oh and I like the very simple wiring.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.