• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

diyinhk Store

this is what I've received from diynhk about spdif:

If you do not need to switch between i2s and spdif, the es9018k2m can work only in spdif mode, the spdif will need to be connected to the 20 pin header labelled BCK
I have been trying hard to track down more information about SPDIF connections of this board, but to no avail. So I ask my question here.

According to hifiduino the es9108k2m offers two SPDIF inputs. But the board only seems to offer one SPDIF connection: image and description by hifiduino (middle of the page)

Could someone (diyinhk?) please confirm, if a second SPDIF input is possible with this board and if yes - how/where to connect it?

[the ZERO] DAC TDA1540 R2R Isolated nonoversampling NOS Audio with FIFO reclock

Philips invented CD Compact Disc audio and released the world's first audio DAC chip the TDA1540, that's why people also call it [the ZERO]. TDA1540 is a single channel DAC, it is also the only single channel Audio DAC made by philips, it has the highest channel seperation that the later DAC like the famous TDA1541 cannot ever match. Due to it's unique identity, many people has tried to make TDA1540 DAC but most are failed due to it's incompatible offset binary input format with the latest receiver. But finally, our advanced logic engineer has done it in only few weeks and with the best algorithm for diyer to easily play with it.
R2R, RECLOCK, ISOLATED, NONOVERSAMLING, all mystery area in the audiophile world are now included in an all-in-one compact PCB!
The I2S reclock input circuit in this PCB is based on the Analog Device AN207 stop clock algorithm, left and right channel DAC are latch at the same time. With our enhanced and optimized redesign, it has no phase different problem as the other convertor in the market. The MCK from the I2S input is used to drive the input flip flop for FIFO reclock, it do not have the problem as the other complex reclock scheme which drop or double dozens of unnecessary samples every second, and it do not use CPLD/FPGA(contains thousand of logic gates) as the other design which actually increase the jitter tenth of time(due to the signal path includes thousands of logic gates) after reclock. This PCB is target for audiophile.

The sound from this DAC is unique, sweet, clear and full of detail that the newest cutting edge delta sigma DAC can never produce. If you haven't taste this kind of sound before it's definitely a regret for an audiophile. It's like compare Vinyl and CD, Rollling shutter and global shutter in the DSLR.
This item includes PCB with all SMT component soldered, thru-hole component are not soldered.
Features:
1) TDA1540 world's first R2R Audio DAC - the ZERO

2) Solid ground plane with careful split of digital and analog portion(a must for highest fidelity audio)
3) No Via in active circuit (via inductance always create jitter problem)
4) 0.1% Low noise thin film resistor and C0G Capacitor sourced from Digikey USA (guarantee no fake product from China)
5) Gold plate I2S input connector and four dedicated GND return path for each I2S signal(lowest contact resistance and highest signal quality)
6) The included xmos pcb in the combo is the same as the one sell separately in the store(i.e. flashed with general firmware)
User guide:

1)The TDA1540 PCB can work immediately with only I2S signal and power supply connected, 3.3V (>300mA), +-5V (>100mA), -18V(>100mA), +-12V(>100mA).The +-5V power can be supplied by two individual 5V supply. i.e. 5V1 GND1, 5V2 GND2 connected as 5V=5V1, GND=GND1=5V2, -5V=GND2

2)The reclock quality depends on the jitter of MCK, When used with our XMOS PCB, the MCK is connected to the low jitter low phase noise NDK oscillator directly and achieve the best reclock performance.
3)For windows, set the output to full volume and the same sample rate as the music file for bit perfect non-oversampling NOS audio playback.

4)Microsoft acquires Pacific Microsonics(inventor of the renowned PMD100 and PMD200 digital filter) at Sep-2000, windows user should enjoy the same sound signature as using PMD100/200 when switch to listen at higher than the original music file sample rate from the system sound control panel using NOS DAC.

5)Double check all the capacitor are installed in the correct polarity before turn on your power supply.
6)For Diyer requires more deeper customization or customized IV stage, the Iout directly from the DAC chip is connected to a 2.54mm spacing socket. For advanced usage, the latest version of TDA1540 datasheet is available.
7)Compact size 90mm x 100mm
Specification:
1) I2S Input: MCK, LRCK, BCK, DATA (*BCK = 64x LRCK, MCK >= 2x BCK)
2) Output level: 2V RMS
3) Resolution/Sampling Rate: Upto 16,24,32bit / 192KHz (the most significant 14bit is played)
4) Supply: Regulated 3.3V, +-5V, -18V, +-12V

Attachments

• -the-zero-dac-tda1540-r2r-isolated-nonoversampling-nos-audio-with-fifo-reclock.jpg
    -the-zero-dac-tda1540-r2r-isolated-nonoversampling-nos-audio-with-fifo-reclock.jpg
    103.5 KB · Views: 1,248
Last edited:
:):) Sorry, this is just so funny to read..... Btw, it looks like the clocking is an input though the isolators, are you aware of how much jitter an isolator chip introduce ? Don't sounds like you do....

DIYER can always remove the isolater easily and listen the different:D (for modification it's always harder to add rather than remove) There are also unpopulated aux circuit / pads on the pcb for advance diyer to do customization:), but base on the feedback, most user prefer to use isolator

Joined 2009
Paid Member
DIYER can always remove the isolater easily and listen the different:D (for modification it's always harder to add rather than remove) There are also unpopulated aux circuit / pads on the pcb for advance diyer to do customization:), but base on the feedback, most user prefer to use isolator

You still don't get it ?? Based on the available info (the picture) it looks like you do your "FIFO reclock" which remove maybe 10-100 pS of incoming jitter, then you add something like 350 pS jitter in the isolators....

You otherwise do reasonable stuff at good pricing, but on that one you need to find a better engineer....

You still don't get it ?? Based on the available info (the picture) it looks like you do your "FIFO reclock" which remove maybe 10-100 pS of incoming jitter, then you add something like 350 pS jitter in the isolators....

You otherwise do reasonable stuff at good pricing, but on that one you need to find a better engineer....

This PCB is designed to be flexiable
If the user do not like the isolater, it can be easily removed like the below image:D
IMG_7642a_resize.jpg

, but base on the feedback, most user prefer to use isolator

There are many way to play with it,
apart from bypass the isolator, user can also try different isolator,
NVE [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif] IL700-Series Isolators jitter is told to be [/FONT]50ps
http://www.nve.com/newsletter/nve_newsletter--12-10.htm

Last edited:
New XMOS Multichannel PCB

Dear friends,
A new xmos multichannel PCB is just released.

• 4 layer PCB, Ultra low phase noise ndk audio oscillator
  • Upto 32 channels or 384kHz with different firmware
  • XMOS Xcore-200 XU216 with 2 Tiles 16 Cores upto 2000MIPS in dual issue mode.

xmos-multichannel-high-quality-usb-tofrom-i2sdsd-spdif-pcb.jpg

The default firmware on the DXIO32ch support 8 channels 192kHz I2S input , 8 channel 192kHz I2S output, spdif output, OLED VU meter and volume up/down control button

Extreme diyer can use the onboard full size XSYS connector to program the xmos with their customized firmware to add more feature and function. (For programming support, please refer to the xmos official website and xcore.com for question about xmos programming, the PCB portmap is shown in the item image.)

The usb audio source code can be downloaded from xmos.com and the VU meter patch can be downloaded from xcore.com released under bsd license.

To compare, the xmos used in the stereo 384k USB I2S PCB is 500MIPS processing power. Our test shows that the OLED VU meter patch can degrade the audio quality if it is not used with the new 2000MIPS XMOS.

New XMOS Multichannel PCB

This is very exciting news! The DIY community has been waiting for a good quality multichannel USB interface for a very long time.

Will it be possible for Native DSD 256 8 channel support with Linux?

Can you develop the firmware for Native DSD 256 support on Linux?

We think DSD support is very important.

The very best platform to use for testing is HQ player.

http://www.signalyst.com/consumer.html

If you download Audiolinux:

http://www.tophifi.it

It's perfect. It has HQplayer pre-installed. Just copy to USB stick and boot from stick. Very easy way to to test HQplayer/Linux. And very best sound as well.

Thank you. We look forward to the development!

Last edited: