• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

Zion, a ready made Phono Stage by the Paradise team

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Line regulation 57dB and load regulation 40dB at 100kHz
And the reference? I do not know, why? (you ask, do I not know). When I add 10Vpp square waves of 50Hz to the line (where the reference is taken from), the simulation only shows 7.97uVpp triangular ripple (that is -120dB), now take into consideration that this thing is powered by a stabilized supply (the RAW supply is an isolated DC/DC-converter) and the actual reference PSRR is ... your guess.

Last edited:
And a picture

Attachments

• Zion PSU; Reference.PNG
    Zion PSU; Reference.PNG
    79 KB · Views: 633
Progress report, this is what you (all) have been waiting for. The pictures show (not the Zion) all components (except the base board containing the input stage) needed to assemble the (a) Zion :)

The board shown is a (mono) linestage for my amplifier, the components shown are:
Base board
Clipper
Input stage
Servo's
Output stage
Linear PSU
SMPS

All tested and ok'ed :)

Next the Zion base board.

Attachments

• 5W6A1945_Proof.jpg
    5W6A1945_Proof.jpg
    805.5 KB · Views: 475
  • 5W6A1944_Proof.jpg
    5W6A1944_Proof.jpg
    782.9 KB · Views: 494
  • 5W6A1943_Proof.jpg
    5W6A1943_Proof.jpg
    759 KB · Views: 520
  • 5W6A1942_Proof.jpg
    5W6A1942_Proof.jpg
    759.4 KB · Views: 553
  • 5W6A1947_Proof.jpg
    5W6A1947_Proof.jpg
    950 KB · Views: 570
Because I haven't enough skill to do it.

O.k., Yes it is a lot of work, and not easy. But I do have a number of reasons to do it like this.

My previous version of the Line-Stage was placed on one (very complicated) board. The main problem is not the fact that it is complicated (that has been solved) but that the layout is compromised by being complicated.

After giving it some time I came to the conclusion that most (if not all) complications are created by the op-amp support circuitry (such as power supply and decoupling). An other part of the complication is created by separating low- and high-impedance circuitry.

In most op-amp oriented circuits the high-impedance part of the circuit is concentrated around the op-amp (feed back and compensation) and most op-amp circuits are about the same :) This leads to the solution where all op-amp circuits are 'normalized' and then are placed on a universal op-amp-board.

Removing (almost) all high-impedance circuits from the 'main-board' (also base-board) and leaving only basic circuitry on this main-board makes the layout simple and mostly low-impedance.

To optimize this further, it was decided to use 4-layer boards, the result is been presented here :)

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.