• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

Zion, a ready made Phono Stage by the Paradise team

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I can tell you one secret of the Zion. Because of it´s topology it has amasing power supply rejection. It may need some selecting and trimming. So far i selected only for Hfe and i use 1% metal film resistors so nothing fancy. The first proto worked withing simulated tolerance.
The other " secret " is thermal stability. There are provisoons in the circuit for this that we be explained later. And yes, we do not use a servo. There is one cap in the circuit that does a mild subsonic filter.

The latest version is working. I got 1.2V and 3V on one channel and 0V and 2V on the other channel before the 1uF caps without trimming. No bugs, worked right away.
Thermal drift is low.
It is a very quiet stage. I like the sound. It is dynamic and natural as far as i can tell.

Attachments

• Zion athmo 1.jpg
    Zion athmo 1.jpg
    57.4 KB · Views: 669
  • Zion athmo 2.PNG
    Zion athmo 2.PNG
    602.8 KB · Views: 669
Almost 10 days ...
What up?

Currently I'm evaluating the PSU sections (and it looks great :)), I need a bit more time for that, but I'm not able to any of the work before mid next week. We are working on it, but do not hold your breath :)

Next weekend I'm in Germany and (one of the things I will be doing) for the first time I will be listening to Joachim's prototype build.

Louis, the Paradise was a couple of years in the making this one is running decidedly quicker. They do all have day jobs...

Sure but certainly they appreciate that the tread is kept alive and that we show same interest

I rather see this taking 3 years but whit a supply where transistors do no sit under a heat sink just to mention one.

I am certainly looking forward to ear from FDW about his listening impressions

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.