• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

First One - mosFET amplifier module

Thanks Anthony 😁. What I think now is the procedure should start with adjusting the output stage bias. And not as Lazy at describe starting with. Tr 1 and 2.

I recommend a little chart, like:

"VR1 clockwise= current up- offset positive"
"VR1 C/clokwise= current down- offset negative"
"VR2 CW = ********* "
Etc. for example...

It worked for me. ;)

Good luck.
M.

IMG_20191113_151604.jpg

Fantastic Result with this. 2 x 74 Vdc. Get hot 49 Celsius

What is the point for frying such as amplifier? In standard factor amplifying 26-30x, with 148V peak to peak is absolute overkill. Someone will say, you will became higher transition speed with higher voltage rail to rail. Nonsense, the material and topology inside current feedback amplifier are capable to serve up to 200V/uSEC or much more. The excellent bias for Exicons are about 150mA per transistor, so?

Hello!

I have a L module.

The manual for M module says that the VAS balance bias affects DC offset. When I set 120 mV beetwin Tr1-Tr2 and Tr3-Tr4, I get a 0.1 V offset at the output. It looks too mutch. But when I set 0 Volt at the output by adjusting VR2, then on the Tr 3-4 I get 170 mV.

How to do it right?

And one more problemme.
I can't get the output stage bias less that 360 mA. The VR3 is fully twisted counterclockwise. The temperature of heatsilk is 65C (Is not too mutch?). The power supply is +/-70V.

Please help me.

Progressing my First One Large stereo build with a single Hypex SMPS3kA700. A question about adding a push button switch (1NO1NC type).

I am looking to connect this front switch to J4.2 to enable the 'Amp Standby' function. Can I use the Vaux output on J4.3 to power this, or does this need to be an external power source?

Hypex SMPS3kA700 manual: https://www.hypex.nl/documenten/download/1778

What are thoughts on the amount of energy consumed using the AMP standby function - I guess it's no less than using a separate soft start?

Instructions for configuring Hypex's own soft start module are absolutely crystal clear, but the SMPS3kA700 manual is not 100% clear to me on how to intergrate this push button switch. Thanks for your help.

Last edited:
Progressing my First One Large stereo build with a single Hypex SMPS3kA700. A question about adding a push button switch (1NO1NC type).

I am looking to connect this front switch to J4.2 to enable the 'Amp Standby' function. Can I use the Vaux output on J4.3 to power this, or does this need to be an external power source?

Hypex SMPS3kA700 manual: https://www.hypex.nl/documenten/download/1778

What are thoughts on the amount of energy consumed using the AMP standby function - I guess it's no less than using a separate soft start?

Instructions for configuring Hypex's own soft start module are absolutely crystal clear, but the SMPS3kA700 manual is not 100% clear to me on how to intergrate this push button switch. Thanks for your help.

I'm just going to buy the soft start module - far easier.