• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

First One - mosFET amplifier module

https://files.diyaudio.com/forums/images/icons/icon9.gif

I can not find anything about Ubique amplifiers on internet anymore. I bet they stopped production due to many problems with the moduls.

LC looks like a quite knowledgeable guy in engineering amplifiers PCBs,
and I find it puzzling he indulged in working so much in this project when it is well known (according to other sources) that this type of topology with lateral mosfets is very sensitive to lethal oscillations ...........

JM

Yes but where is Ubique now? The problem with FO is CFA and not Lateral mosfets. No problems with Holton and Lateral.
I cannot leave this without a response.
CFA has nothing to do with the problems some had with this amp, but the design (insufficient stability margin ?), the build (Ground loops ?) or bad manipulations (no ground reference in the input ?).

I don't know what happens with Lazycat, and why he has suddenly disappeared from this thread.

While he seems to had been very helpful during all the time he was here, as he seems to visit the forum on a regular basis, we can fear something has happened in his life making-him in the incapacity to face its commercial obligations ?

Can-we suppose he is ashamed of this situation and prefers to flee that face by explaining why he does not keep the promises he gave to some of his customers ?

As an observer, I find it terrible to see his beautiful work and reputation destroyed by this silence. It is an attitude incomprehensible for me.

Please L.C., why don't you come-back here, and explain honestly what's happens. Don't-you feel it is unfair to let customers waiting during years without a response for replacement parts that it seems you had promised ?

Even if this answer is that you are now, for some reason, unable to provide those replacement boards.

I know that is not my business, but it is all about human behavior and honesty. And I feel sad to see you in the same league than some Italian SMPS seller ... see what i mean ?

Friendly.

CFA has nothing to do with the problems some had with this amp, but the design (insufficient stability margin ?), the build (Ground loops ?) or bad manipulations (no ground reference in the input ?).

I don't know what happens with Lazycat, and why he has suddenly disappeared from this thread.

While he seems to had been very helpful during all the time he was here, as he seems to visit the forum on a regular basis, we can fear something has happened in his life making-him in the incapacity to face its commercial obligations ?

Can-we suppose he is ashamed of this situation and prefers to flee that face by explaining why he does not keep the promises he gave to some of his customers ?

As an observer, I find it terrible to see his beautiful work and reputation destroyed by this silence. It is an attitude incomprehensible for me.

Please L.C., why don't you come-back here, and explain honestly what's happens. Don't-you feel it is unfair to let customers waiting during years without a response for replacement parts that it seems you had promised ?

Even if this answer is that you are now, for some reason, unable to provide those replacement boards.

I know that is not my business, but it is all about human behavior and honesty. And I feel sad to see you in the same league than some Italian SMPS seller ... see what i mean ?

Friendly.

Nicely said!!!

Friendly.

I would appreciate if you could explain more precisely how to protect yourself from:

a) the build (Ground loops?) or
b) bad manipulations (no ground reference in the input?)

when building an amplifier with FO modules ? :wrench:

Friendly.

Very well said, sir.

I am not a judge. We are not judges.
If he is in trouble, I know we will all understand and forgive, like we all want to be forgiven our debts... ;)

May the Lord protect us all.
Cheers,
M.

Even CFA opamps can be a problem and 95 % of them sounds Like ****.
I totally disagree.
Of course, if you swap a VFA with a compensation capacitance in parallel with the feedback resistance, (or a high impedance one) for a CFA you can expect everything. But correctly used, they are very nice sounding, usually rock stable, and most of the time, they allow low impedance loads.
Sorry, Erlend, but this CFA bashing is, omho, a pure nonsense.

Last edited: