• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

First One - mosFET amplifier module

I personally think it is a shame that Lazy has found himself unable to devote time to his fan base. I have had both VSSA and original F1 amps and they were both great. Not sure of his personal circumstances but very much hope he will return to the fold.

I don't know the details, but I don't think it's about fans and personal opinions. If he sold a product to you, there is a warranty that comes with that. I don't know the details of the law in your situation, but there is a default warranty period of 2 years where I live.

I don't know the details, but I don't think it's about fans and personal opinions. If he sold a product to you, there is a warranty that comes with that. I don't know the details of the law in your situation, but there is a default warranty period of 2 years where I live.

Right, it is not about fans and personal opinions...
The LOW is there to regulate things when human decency and conscience fails. Unfortunately, I don't think we can hope that low is applicable for DIY hobbyists and no bill online sales...
Maybe I should pay him a visit after tonight Stanley Clarke concert in Ljubljana, and be his conscience :fight: :D

Disassembling process began...

IMG_20190708_184852__01.jpg

Do you have some idea to replace the modules with something else?

Yes but read that interesting thread:

Using Circuits And Copyright Issues

JM

As I wrote previously, I am not familiar with all the details of your issues. However, I don't see the link to the copyright question discussed in this other thread.

My point is this: You bought a product, and the product is not ok. It's a very normal thing to assume that the product is covered by warranty, so you are entitled to ask for a replacement or a refund.

OK group buys, and this so called commercial sector is a very grey area.
It should be clear to participants.
There are some good things to it, some "vendors" are of good help, some are not.
And excellent ingineers may not be that good in business, or unreliable....
There is a limit to what we can expect here!
I have experienced it myself.

JM

And there is the aspect of responsibility: did the circuit kaput during "fair use" or did it explode after user¿s fault? :confused:

As I see it, LC provided and extremely good product at very convenient price as retribution for the community cooperation. Maybe he considers his debt of gratitude cancelled already...

Best wishes,
M.

If you look about year ago here on thread you will find that ALL of us with problems were contacted privately by LC and PROMISED to SELL us new modules as substitutes for faulty.
This is why people are frustrated, as I am. We are not expecting repairs or replacements for free, but we were expecting LC to keep the promise he gave and make new modules so we can have functional amplifiers that consist of much more investments than mere modules, as we all know!

And there is the aspect of responsibility: did the circuit kaput during "fair use" or did it explode after user¿s fault? :confused:

As I see it, LC provided and extremely good product at very convenient price as retribution for the community cooperation. Maybe he considers his debt of gratitude cancelled already...

Best wishes,
M.

Completely agree with you.
I blew 2 of them myself, my fault/responsibility, oscillations with a faulty connection.

But what is unfair was LC promise of more modules available more than 1 year ago, and no explanation nor excuse. 🤔

JM

I promised Design for your guys. But some of my pcb design has taken longer than expected. So it is not forgotten..

Any how. Some times the designs will behave differently than a few prototypes. Shows. And that is maybe some of the issues you guys have seen.

I do not doubt that they have worked flawless when lazycat made them.

On the other hand. Selling DIY kits has a relatively low margin and qty.... Based on the size of diyaudio member list it is only a small amount of the members who have purchased...

Sonny

I promised Design for your guys. But some of my pcb design has taken longer than expected. So it is not forgotten..

Any how. Some times the designs will behave differently than a few prototypes. Shows. And that is maybe some of the issues you guys have seen.

I do not doubt that they have worked flawless when lazycat made them.

On the other hand. Selling DIY kits has a relatively low margin and qty.... Based on the size of diyaudio member list it is only a small amount of the members who have purchased...

Sonny

As matter of fact, my stereo power amp with 2 FO 1.4M modules has now been working perfectly almost 6 hours/day for about 1 year1/2
I won't complain about its quality
I managed to buy spare modules from other FO buyers.

But I'd be glad to read LC's own explanation!

JM

Do you have some idea to replace the modules with something else?

Nope, at first we will try to repair them. Have some spare parts.

And as is for replacement modules. No one is asking to give them for free. Im ready to pay for all of them, and even the same price as new if needed, because that was promised. But we all can see that this is not an option.

If you look about year ago here on thread you will find that ALL of us with problems were contacted privately by LC and PROMISED to SELL us new modules as substitutes for faulty.
This is why people are frustrated, as I am. We are not expecting repairs or replacements for free, but we were expecting LC to keep the promise he gave and make new modules so we can have functional amplifiers that consist of much more investments than mere modules, as we all know!

J.M.K. wrote: But what is unfair was LC promise of more modules available more than 1 year ago, and no explanation nor excuse. 🤔

Fair enough. :eek:
Good luck.
M.