• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

First One - mosFET amplifier module

Tournesol, I think Maxlorenz has a point here.

Please take a look at Ubiqu back plate:

574305d1476251392t-mosfet-amplifier-module-img_0834-jpg

Last edited:
Also, there are low noise fans, like Noctua.
... on the paper.
I'm afraid that all the good fans, when you consider efficiency VS noise are more or less in the same camp. And their noise increase with age: like in your PC ;-)
For me, a fan in an audio amp that is not used for Public address is a no-no.
What is the interest to fight for impressive signal to noise ratio if you add a noisy fan in your listening room ?

... on the paper.
I'm afraid that all the good fans, when you consider efficiency VS noise are more or less in the same camp. And their noise increase with age: like in your PC ;-)
For me, a fan in an audio amp that is not used for Public address is a no-no.
What is the interest to fight for impressive signal to noise ratio if you add a noisy fan in your listening room ?

Well, it is the builder who wants a fan and we are tying to help...unrequested help perhaps...

Well, it is the builder who wants a fan and we are tying to help...unrequested help perhaps...
maxlorenz, my remark was was not against your input. And there is cases where we cannot avoid fans because there is no allowance to use a larger passive cooler. That said, I would set their trigger temperature higher, for they fire on as few as possible. 55° or more ? Just enough to stay in the safe area of the power mosfets.

Last edited:
I have some news.

I have seen and heard new prototypes with 8 transistors per channel and 600 Watts RMS.
2 variants of the last version are in the listening room. Hopefully we will get a locked version soon.

I have heard them on Focal Grande Utopias. They sounded truly amazing.

I hardly wait to get my hands on one.

DIY option will stay.

1.4M module fried, my fault completely

Hi !!

I just fried (half working, bad sound, 2 led lights still on) one V1.4M module of my dual-mono amplifier. :confused::confused::confused:

I don't think it's worth trying to fix it, or is it ?

What happened: I tried to change the usual feed (cinch/RCA-RCA cables from my preamplifier) to a stereo jack/cinch adaptor from my DAC-headphone output. Unfortunately that type of adaptor has a common ground on the jack plug .......... and I guess that one of the amplifier module didn't like it very much.
Completely my fault !!

I asked for new one from the FB site ............ I have no idea if they're still available.
Unless someone here has a spare one (in good shape) for selling ?
If so, please PM me !

Thanks in advance

JMK

PS: To make my case worse, I usually have an excellent ISO-Max ground loop isolator between my preamp and my amplifier (in order to electrically separate them completely), and I bypassed it for my stupid test ............
No excuse for me !

Last edited: