• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

First One - mosFET amplifier module

Hello,

i can see i need to shake those talks about snake oil... :)

Good news. My 6 channel black beast is running again.
Not all modules ware saved, couple of them still has problems, but the amp is working again ! Well it was fixed about a moth ago. Haven't had time to write.

It was really a struggle but we got it done. LC helped with some codes for parts and i can hear my 3-way setup loud n clear again :)

Among 600+ modules out there, only fistful of them reported here to be troublesome. Few calibration mistakes (slipped probes), few wrong PSU polarity connections and few SMD/THT part failures reported. Modules are stable, having 9 compensation locations to enable sufficient phase margin and to stop parasitics to enter the loop. Having new FO M in preparation I can only suggest replacement of the broken modules with new ones, since that would be cost effective and much cheaper than separate repairs.

Hi All,

my standard manual built dual mono Hyplex PSU FO-M has been playing daily for the past 1yr+ with zero issues. And i have been plugging my DIY pre and DAC in and out for testing numerous times. I consider the FO-M very stable.... as compares to my other build stuff.

just my opinion

ck

Attachments

• FO render 03.png
    FO render 03.png
    399.3 KB · Views: 511
PCB production already in progress, among them also the First One module intended for DIY use, which is in the former M size with one pair of output mosfets.

Setting the whole new level of quality takes time, perfection isn't easy to achieve, especially in respect to competitive designs nowadays present in high-end industry. The essence of what it will be offered to the customers in ready made product range will always be available in module form too, so anyone could get first hand impression in affordable way.

Module's measurement at 500 kHz square on 4 Ohm load attached.

Attachments

• FO render 01.jpg
    FO render 01.jpg
    267.9 KB · Views: 492
  • FO 500 kHz.jpg
    FO 500 kHz.jpg
    623.9 KB · Views: 483