• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

First One - mosFET amplifier module

Hi guys.
i changed my 2x smps1200a400
with 6x smps 600 from cresnet.
they power 6 modules at active speakers.
i would like to tell you that cresnet's psu's
sound better than hypex and cresnet is very helpful
thanks sammy i am very happy with the sound.

Apart some technical differences that would escape my capacity, maybe some of the effect is due to the better, bigger caps that Cresnet is using as output.
Anyway, I no longer listen to stock SMPS: I add extra capacitance with better caps, big cans when possible, from the beginning and I recommend this mod. I don't have yet done the experiment of finding the diminishing returns curve.

Best wishes,
M.

Hi guys.
So you changed from 2 1200 Hypex (eur180 each) to 6 cresnet (eur 168 each)?
Wonder how 6 1200 Hypex would sound... ?

Hi guys.
Thanks for the info back, it's credible and very helpful to all FO builders, have to try it someday. :up:

Please reward us with some images, L.C. :cheers:

i found cresnet in this thread and asked some members here before i buy and they were happy too with only two channels.
the price is 75$ and i think LC should test them because at this price i think it's a bargain.
sorry noway to take a picture inside the speaker but i can add a few pictures from when i was building the speakers with the hypex.

Apart some technical differences that would escape my capacity, maybe some of the effect is due to the better, bigger caps that Cresnet is using as output.
Anyway, I no longer listen to stock SMPS: I add extra capacitance with better caps, big cans when possible, from the beginning and I recommend this mod. I don't have yet done the experiment of finding the diminishing returns curve.

Best wishes,
M.
caps make a difference but they must measure good.
i have tried more cheap smps and they sound bad and measure bad.

One more set tested, ready to travel. :)

Attachments

• IMG_0748.JPG
    IMG_0748.JPG
    647.4 KB · Views: 412
  • IMG_0749.JPG
    IMG_0749.JPG
    651 KB · Views: 406
  • IMG_0750.JPG
    IMG_0750.JPG
    569.3 KB · Views: 383
  • IMG_0751.JPG
    IMG_0751.JPG