• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

First One - mosFET amplifier module

a20h juste arrived yesterday. after 24h burn-in, i m listening it since one hour and cant stop if you see what I mean... for the time being that's just an amaizing good investment and amaizing value for money. also it has xlr so I ll try in coming weeks a FO balanced/bridge config (as I have 4 module with 2smps) as you suggested in later post in may. stay tuned

maxi please spread the word in the head-fi forum, they are thirsty of any new info about this DAC.

Gustard A20H DAC (Dual AK4497EQ, analog preamp, headphone amp, all in one)

Shame they're listening with the headphones only. :D

Small notice to all having SMPS1200A400 in FO M amp, add two 10mF/63 V per channel and enjoy the bass. Cap Bank from FO L clearly showed the benefit.

I already bought the caps :cool: I am just waiting for the last modification (second PS plus cables) to settle or burn-in, since I feel subtle changes in sound on day to day basis...silver plated OCC copper cables are my present choice for internal wiring.

Cheers,
M.

Stereo Amp finished

Hi Guys,

I have just finished my new First One 1.4M build with SMPS600 from Cresnet and some capacitor boards that I got very cheap from Taobao, 4400uF per rail extra United Chemicon KYB from Mouser, less than US$2 each when you buy 10, and very low ESR and high ripple when paralleled.

P1000702.jpg P1000703.jpg

P1000712.jpg P1000705.jpg

P1000708.jpg P1000709.jpg

One thing for anyone who might want to add extra capacitance to an existing Cresnet supply. The extra capacitance tripped the Over Current protection at start up, with advice from Cresnet all it took was 1 resistor to be added in parallel and the problem was solved.

P1000707.jpg

Next in line is the rebuild of my 1.2 modules into a 6 channel amp with individual power supplies.

P1000706.jpg

I have found another SMPS from Taobao that is very well made for a very low price, I have tested them and so far work very well and sound excellent. They drop around 5V under load and on 240V AC give 55V when loaded with a First One at idle. These are strictly 220 to 240V only though.

P1000710.jpg P1000711.jpg

As I needed to buy 6 the shipping was making other options very expensive.

awaiting LC info, FO S will most likely be only 1 push pull (1 die) and therefor les expensive and potentially smaller and bias will be lower (probably half) so this will be easier to integrate in smaller case or multi amp system. may be LC will do regular keynotes :)
one wish for the S please LC, manage so that we can (at least optionaly) have a Signal ground, so for multi amp we dont have issues when using a common PSU (see my post http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/vend...-mosfet-amplifier-module-330.html#post4838999)

Last edited:
problem with connecting smps1200

Hello,

I started my build of the first one amp 1.4. I am using 2 smps1200a400 from Hypex for power supply.

I have a problem when connecting. I currently have iec ac connector connected to a switch, it measures 230v ok. When I connect one of the power supplies the fuse in the iec ac connector blows instantly. I tried it two times with both supplies. I am using 1A slow blow fuses.

Hope it is something simple, anybody knows what I am doing wrong?
http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=579461&stc=1&d=1478881639

Attachments

• 20161111_164026.jpg
    20161111_164026.jpg
    871.4 KB · Views: 532