• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

First One - mosFET amplifier module

Perfect would look forward to the pricing. Would you have a stereo chassis as well to accommodate two psus?

For first one

Sent from my ONE A2003 using Tapatalk

Hopefully I got what you mean, well yes stereo and monoblock chassis are going to be ready to be delivered maybe even from next week on, will do my best. Stereo chassis - Black Mamba normally accomodate two SMPS1200A400, dual mono, and monoblock chassis - MonoLith accepts one First One module together with one SMPS1200A400. :)

What's new is that the First One Large will be full balanced monoblock (two counter phase modules) with one SMPS3K400, now that will be the beast, same sound signature with no power limit. :eek:

.....What's new is that the First One Large will be full balanced monoblock (two counter phase modules) with one SMPS3K400, now that will be the beast, same sound signature with no power limit. :eek:

You tested bridged version and it got the stamp approved :).... also like you intend match output devices for L-version with new bench tool think that is serious good policy.

Hi BYRTT

Thanks for the tip. I'll test this simplest ever bridging adapter with two First One modules, maybe next weekend. :wiz:
Theoretically it is correct and it should work. I agree that this would be the most clear and transparent bridging adapter ever, without need of any messy electronic circuit in front of First One. :up:
L.C. :cheers:

What's new is that the First One Large will be full balanced monoblock (two counter phase modules)
Isn't it called 'bridged' (as here)? Balanced is about matched impedance / differential amplifier (that could well be single-ended as here) and separating groud currents from signal path. I actually would be more happy to see balanced inputs rather than bridged outputs...

Isn't it called 'bridged' (as here)? Balanced is about matched impedance / differential amplifier (that could well be single-ended as here) and separating groud currents from signal path. I actually would be more happy to see balanced inputs rather than bridged outputs...

If you happy to see balanced inputs and at same can live with amp also get bridged outputs it should be possible, below first schematic is copy your link to bridge amp, then couple as in lowest schematic and you have fully balanced input. Can't predict if it would run trouble free on balanced PSU, but pretty sure on non balanced PSU with virtual ground it would work.

attachment.php

There is more info in these previous posts http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/vend...-mosfet-amplifier-module-260.html#post4631021 and http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/vend...-mosfet-amplifier-module-262.html#post4632837.

Attachments

• 110.png
    110.png
    11.1 KB · Views: 573

No, not bridged. Fully balanced input/output, matched impedance differential amplifier, couldn't be more differential than this, you'll see. ;)

If you happy to see balanced inputs and at same can live with amp also get bridged outputs it should be possible, below first schematic is copy your link to bridge amp, then couple as in lowest schematic and you have fully balanced input.
The input (cabling) is properly balanced, but the amplifier itself in your topology is still two separate unbalanced amplifiers, not the difference amp. If the input signal has not symmetric voltage - you get only 1/4 of possible max power on the output...

No, not bridged. Fully balanced input/output, matched impedance differential amplifier, couldn't be more differential than this, you'll see. ;)
The topology drawing would be the best explaining. :)

But what I meant is to have also properly balanced single-ended output smaller versions (M and S). So we could have ground loop resistant smaller amps that could be combined with single PSU etc. without worry about possible hum and have the best S/N ratio non-interfering with best common mode rejection.

Last edited:
You tested bridged version and it got the stamp approved :).... also like you intend match output devices for L-version with new bench tool think that is serious good policy.
Agree about serious approach to the strongest of the First Ones, only PCB design took me few months, no shortcuts were taken..
For example, there are no source resistors, not needed actually but still you get almost ideal Id tracking from paralleled devices from zero to Id max, that have positively surprised me, how good these lateral mosfets really are. First four L modules will be tested in depth before ordering a series..

LC i have a couple of pm's from members with a single 1.2 version left.
Does it matter if it is green or red pcb?
mine are green.

The 1.2 is green

To end the confusion....

The picture is not very good but you see a Red V1.2 Module...

R.
At start FO v1.2 were green in second batch we made them red since that was a PCB design of our future amps like FO M and L ;)

Fully balanced First One

Hi LC,

Are you planning new revs of S and M using fully balanced differential topology like the L version?

Thanks
Do
Hi Do

No worries, all First One modules will stay unbalanced input as till now. With fully balanced topology, the concept is to preserve original differential signal from the source not to make new subtraction in FO amp's front-end, it is meaningless even wrong to do that. Once the signal is differential, high Z from GND, there's no reason to differentiate it again and again every time in every unit in the signal path, for me that is wrong since it introduces new distortions and subtraction deviates unnecessarily.

My point is to make balanced amplifier which amplify both phases of the signal independently and summ them at the speaker itself. Pic below explains it well (thanks BYRTT).

BTW how's your FO v1.4 M advancing towards finish?

L.C. :cheers:

Attachments

• Fully balanced amplifier.png
    Fully balanced amplifier.png
    4.4 KB · Views: 380