• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

First One - mosFET amplifier module

Modules and chassis received! :cheerful:
Everything in good condition because of the very good packaging by LC
One of the aluminum corner guards was dent during travel doing it's job very wel by protecting the precious cargo, wel done!
The casework is stunning, very high grade and has an impeccable finish!
The modules also look very professional and high quality, can't wait to start building... :)

Is there a list with preferred materials (BOM) available for assembling everything toghether with two Hypex SMPS1200A400 power supplies (like: power switch, (RCA / speaker) terminals, mica insulators, etc..)?

Thanks for creating this peace of art LC! :up:

Regards, Edionysus.

Hi Paul

Glad that the package arrived undamaged and Al protective corners did their job properly.

Well the holes are made in standard sizes to fit RCA chinch, WBT or similar speakers terminals, 230 mains connector and small size mains power switch.

First One modules and SMPS1200 fit exactly, bolts were added in the package. 2 mm front plate green LED-s also included in the package.

All these parts can be ordered by Farnell or to buy at your local electronic shop and are compatible with parts from many different producers, that's why I didn't specify any of them particulary.

Looking forward to see your built. :up:

Best regards, L.C. :cheers:

Hey LC can that chassis hold four modules for a fully balanced setup? Can I get away with two of Bruno's SMPS IE each SMPS drives two modules? Or am I basically setting fire to money... LOL

I plan to pair this with an Emotiva XMC-1 that has fully differential outs on the mains L/R so I figured it might as well take advantage of that and have a truly differential signal path from the converter to speaker level.

Here is an AP report on that processor if interested but requires a forum account.

XMC-1 Audio Precision Test Data | The Emotiva Lounge
Hi

C1 chassis is 70 mm high and its power dissipation is calculated for two First One modules only, but if it would be higher ie. 120 mm than four modules could be installed without problem. In this case SMPS1200A180 is recommended and the output power would easily reach 500 W/4 Ohm.

Any fully differential preamp could be used to drive balanced First One amp. Personally I tested it with Benchmark DAC2 HGC and it worked perfectly.

Regards, L.C. :cheers:

Joined 2007
Paid Member
Operation on USA power

The specs for the SMPS1200 indicate that the output voltage is proportional to the mains voltage. Since our mains voltage is typically 110V this means that the SMPS1200A400 will output closer to 30V rather than 63V. I assume that we should use the SMPS1200A700 instead? Independent of the full power limitations, what is the minimum supply voltage that the First One can tolerate?

thanks