Go Back   Home > Forums > > >
Home Forums Rules Articles diyAudio Store Blogs Gallery Wiki Register Donations FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Vendor's Bazaar Commercial Vendors large & small hawking their wares

First One - mosfet amplifier module
Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 10th June 2019, 07:27 PM   #4421
Inproof is offline Inproof  Lithuania
diyAudio Member

So this it it ? The end of this amplifier ?
Old 10th June 2019, 07:58 PM   #4422
Studley is offline Studley  United Kingdom
diyAudio Member

Default Disgraceful

As I have previously posted, one of my modules failed through no fault of mine and Lazy Cat said he would repair it. I sent it to him a LONG time ago and NOW he doesn’t reply to my emails or my posts on here. I wasted a LOT of money on his modules and associated parts, heatsinks etc etc. MY ADVICE WOULD BE DO NOT BUY FROM THIS MAN HE IS NOT TO BE TRUSTED.
Old 11th June 2019, 01:20 PM   #4423
Cresnet is offline Cresnet  Jordan
MicroAudio
diyAudio Member

In my opinion, with my respect to Lazy Cat and his hard work, I think that the FO amplifier story is a finished story from long time.

Ignoring clients, Ignoring technical support? worst decisions in business.

There is no excuse when it comes to technical support, At any cost.

Good luck for all
Old 11th June 2019, 09:43 PM   #4424
redjr is offline redjr  United States
diyAudio Member

My sense from owning the FOs and following this thread, is that he basically provided the amp modules to the DIY community as a courtesy for peanuts and was not really in it for the profit, or long term support. How could he provide support for a $150-$200 module!?

He was in it as a business to provide finished amps (as evidenced by posted pictures) to high-end clients at 50 times the cost of a simple module. This was/is where his bread-n-butter was so to speak.

I'm not defending him, as he should have made it clear these module may be temperamental and he would not be responsible for any [builder] screw-up. I'm sure there's a disclaimer somewhere in the fine print to that affect. DIY is so often a work in progress, and there are no guarantees as much as we wish there were. Gawd knows I've learned that lesson from all the $hit project parts I've bought from Asia!

My .02, but I could be wrong.
Old 12th June 2019, 07:36 AM   #4425
Erlend Sæterdal is offline Erlend Sæterdal  Denmark
diyAudio Member

But here we are with big costs for enclosures and power supplies. Have to buy Chineese **** for them. There is really not much diy moduls left in the rest of the world.
Old 12th June 2019, 08:04 AM   #4426
J.M.K is offline J.M.K  France
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erlend Sæterdal View Post
But here we are with big costs for enclosures and power supplies. Have to buy Chineese **** for them. There is really not much diy moduls left in the rest of the world.
Why don't you take a look at Shaan's Peeceebee V4H
for good substitutes, they are very similar .... and easy to build

JM
Old 12th June 2019, 08:38 AM   #4427
diyAudio Member

Right now I made a deal with Sonnya for some other CFA. Ready built during the weekend.
Old 12th June 2019, 08:38 AM   #4428
Bassivus is offline Bassivus  Serbia
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by redjr View Post
My sense from owning the FOs and following this thread, is that he basically provided the amp modules to the DIY community as a courtesy for peanuts and was not really in it for the profit, or long term support. How could he provide support for a $150-$200 module!?

He was in it as a business to provide finished amps (as evidenced by posted pictures) to high-end clients at 50 times the cost of a simple module. This was/is where his bread-n-butter was so to speak.

I'm not defending him, as he should have made it clear these module may be temperamental and he would not be responsible for any [builder] screw-up. I'm sure there's a disclaimer somewhere in the fine print to that affect. DIY is so often a work in progress, and there are no guarantees as much as we wish there were. Gawd knows I've learned that lesson from all the $hit project parts I've bought from Asia!

My .02, but I could be wrong.
Your thoughts are correct.
But you are probably not aware that LC PROMISED PERSONALLY to few of us that we get TO BUY new modules for replacement when they are ready.
So we are not talking on "long term support" but simply having enough decency and fulfilling the promise!
Also, when your profit is half of price of sold module and living in Slovenia where average wage is 1000$ a month, does not seem bad deal to me...

Last edited by Bassivus; 12th June 2019 at 08:49 AM.
Old 12th June 2019, 08:57 AM   #4429
diyAudio Member

He promised us new moduls and we have ben patiently waiting for near a year. I think they closed everything. I bet there was so many problems so they closed even for not diy marked.
Old 12th June 2019, 10:49 AM   #4430
vitalica is offline vitalica  Europe
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erlend Sæterdal View Post
Right now I made a deal with Sonnya for some other CFA. Ready built during the weekend.
I have Lazy Cat's First One modules that were powered by the Hypex1200 / 400. But after listening to the amazing TSSA V1.8 and A1V1.2 from Sonny Anderson (Mirand audio) with SMPS from Cresnet, First One has been on the shelf for a long time. My personal opinion, Sonny's sound is much more natural, with bass, and very stable. I love these amplifiers. I look forward also to the CFA variant.

First One - mosfet amplifier moduleHide this!Advertise here!