Go Back   Home > Forums > > >
Home Forums Rules Articles diyAudio Store Blogs Gallery Wiki Register Donations FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Vendor's Bazaar Commercial Vendors large & small hawking their wares

First One - mosfet amplifier module
Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 20th September 2018, 02:37 PM   #4281
nanakos is offline nanakos
diyAudio Member

Fake or bad caps....
I bought 8 pieces ELNA FOR AUDIO 10000uf 63v from AUDIOPHONICS to use them in my FO and the measurements showed about 8400 uf.After sales services told me that tolerance is 20% so these caps are OK.But i have never seen in my life before branded product such as ELNA for audio to have such low measurements.They usually have at least 5-10 percent more.I have 7pcs 10 yo ELNA caps and they have 11000uf or more. I am very disappointed and of course I will not use them.Of course they refused my review that's why I'm publishing it here.
Old 23rd September 2018, 09:53 PM   #4282
Lazy Cat is offline Lazy Cat  Slovenia
diyAudio Member

Lightbulb New FO modules to be launched in 2018

FO modules v1.6 in final phase of preparation, schematic locked, measurements done. PCB layout on my LCD screen so it looks we could still manage them to be dated with 2018 mark.

FO module v1.6 is unconditionally stable and has been thoroughly sound tested at each step of development with two slightly different amplifiers, one having previous - another current variant, so always better sample proceeded to the next level. Time consuming process gave amazing result, we think. Stay tuned.

Pic showing 500 kHz square wave signal at 20 Vpp on 8 Ohm load.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg FO_20Vpp.jpg (481.1 KB, 504 views)
Old 25th September 2018, 02:14 AM   #4283
Erlend Sæterdal is offline Erlend Sæterdal  Denmark
diyAudio Member

Is this a L,M or small Lacy Cat?
Old 25th September 2018, 08:01 AM   #4284
diyAudio Member

All measurements and listening sessions done with large modules. No worries, medium will share same topology only one pair of output mosfets. Experienced tons of amps in our system, all kind of brands and profiles, without any doubt or exaggeration I can say FO will be fearless giant killer.
Old 26th September 2018, 10:18 AM   #4285
RobSoet is offline RobSoet
diyAudio Member

Interested... still have to built my L project but wouldn't mind sizing down... .

Any ideas on price setting for the new modules?
And, LC, somewhere you mentioned you where considering encapsulating the modules in resin... . will you stick to that plan?

And while we're at it... I'd be interested in your experiences with the metrum Pavanne compared to the other dacs your using... .

Cheers,

Rob
Old 26th September 2018, 05:37 PM   #4286
diyAudio Member

Default FO L

Have two slightly modiefied L moduls never mounted. Because to busy and waiting for the new.Picture in the tread. Price 300 Us Dollars. Live in Denmark. I know how to make them stabile.
Old 27th September 2018, 07:36 AM   #4287
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobSoet View Post
Interested... still have to built my L project but wouldn't mind sizing down... .
Don't need to, First One L will be produced too.

Quote:
Any ideas on price setting for the new modules?
Same price range as they were, so prices set in the first post of this theme are valid.

Quote:
And, LC, somewhere you mentioned you where considering encapsulating the modules in resin... . will you stick to that plan?
Most probably only parts of it, not complete module.

Quote:
And while we're at it... I'd be interested in your experiences with the metrum Pavanne compared to the other dacs your using... .

Cheers,

Rob
We use Adagio by Metrum, of course slightly modified, in our main system. I like it is true dual mono DAC, L/R channel's GND are isolated. S/N ratio, feed-forward correction and dynamics are state of the art.

Cheers
Old 27th September 2018, 07:57 AM   #4288
Mark Verhoeven is offline Mark Verhoeven  Netherlands
diyAudio Member

You want to share what has been modofied to the Adagio?
Old 27th September 2018, 10:30 PM   #4289
diyAudio Member

Adagio was just slightly adapted to our needs, only little tweaks could be performed since the DAC is properly engineered product. Comparing it to the original one we believe that modification is beneficial to our system.
Old 30th September 2018, 11:02 PM   #4290
diyAudio Member

[ATTACH][/ATTACH]

Now I have to finnish the Large One in stereo version. 2000 W Transformer 2 x 60 Vac
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_20181001_000902.jpg (986.5 KB, 260 views)

First One - mosfet amplifier moduleHide this!Advertise here!