Go Back   Home > Forums > > >
Home Forums Rules Articles diyAudio Store Blogs Gallery Wiki Register Donations FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Vendor's Bazaar Commercial Vendors large & small hawking their wares

First One - mosfet amplifier module
First One - mosfet amplifier module
Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 7th February 2016, 06:33 AM   #2431
meanman1964 is offline meanman1964  Belgium
diyAudio Member

I've the same problem with my FO1.2 but does not have this problem with a conventional PSU
Old 7th February 2016, 06:38 AM   #2432
taccodude is offline taccodude  Germany
diyAudio Member

So You think it`s the SMPS ? I didn`t have the Problems before,I think. Listend with Fetzilla and F4 for a while.

Last edited by taccodude; 7th February 2016 at 06:54 AM.
Old 7th February 2016, 07:23 AM   #2433
hose4 is offline hose4  Slovenia
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by taccodude View Post
Last Night I found out ,when I turn off the Amp,there`s a Tone out of the Speakers ,which starts loud and gets quieter ,till it`s gone.
I think that is normal. When the power supply voltage goes down the amp develops some kind of audible oscillating sound.

When LC was demonstrating his prototypes we discovered that lower supply voltages made amp less stable than higher. He made modifications to the pcb and during normal operation amps is ok. During switch off some tone is there up to 30 seconds.

I use smps1200a180. If you are good with soldering iron there is a mod which could help. Ask LC for info.
Old 7th February 2016, 07:57 AM   #2434
Lazy Cat is offline Lazy Cat  Slovenia
diyAudio Member

Hi taccodude
Did you perform calibrations as recommended in manual? Did you checked wiring? Is noise still present?
Old 7th February 2016, 08:47 AM   #2435
diyAudio Member

Noise is still there ,just tried some different wiring,but doesn`t make a difference.Calibration is not so easy,the Spot are so tiny and my smallest Screwdriver doesn`t fit.What about the Mod Hose4 told?
Old 7th February 2016, 09:03 AM   #2436
Lazy Cat is offline Lazy Cat  Slovenia
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Noise is still there ,just tried some different wiring,but doesn`t make a difference.Calibration is not so easy,the Spot are so tiny and my smallest Screwdriver doesn`t fit.What about the Mod Hose4 told?
When SMPS turned off there's high ripple on SMPS output rails, causing potential audible tone, since speakers are directly connected, no relay contacts in between. But that is very rare, all amps I assembled don't have this or any other noise. It looks you will have to perform recommended calibrations as per manual, eventually.
Old 7th February 2016, 09:16 AM   #2437
hose4 is offline hose4  Slovenia
diyAudio Member

Quote:
One question. Is noise present during normal operation of the amp or during power off only? If power off only don't worry about it. Because of the lower voltage on a180 smps's the mod is implemented on series modules which are the ones you already have. You should be fine.
Old 7th February 2016, 11:09 AM   #2438
Mark Verhoeven is online now Mark Verhoeven  Netherlands
diyAudio Member

Taccodude, did you change the source? Your problem can be caused by the interaction between source and FO.

I've had massive problems (unsolvable) with one source and perfectly silent with another.

Last edited by Mark Verhoeven; 7th February 2016 at 11:11 AM.
Old 7th February 2016, 11:28 AM   #2439
Mark Verhoeven is online now Mark Verhoeven  Netherlands
diyAudio Member

Double post...

Last edited by Mark Verhoeven; 7th February 2016 at 11:30 AM.
Old 7th February 2016, 12:56 PM   #2440
diyAudio Member

Just tried different Wires for Speaker and Interlink,no differnece,even when I unhook the Source ,the Noise from the Tweeter is there.Then I changed to conventionell PSU (60V) and the Noise is gone. Is there something wrong with SMPS or can I try something else ? If SMPS is not ok ,that would be second Time ,Hypex is too expensive for that.

First One - mosfet amplifier moduleHide this!Advertise here!