• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

First One - mosFET amplifier module

First One v1.4 M

First One v1.4 M modules finally arrived from production, few tests to be performed and a new group buy can start. :)

HD CFA, 230 W/4 Ohm, 33 semiconductors, same size, same price. ;)

Attachments

• FO1.4 1.JPG
    FO1.4 1.JPG
    609.9 KB · Views: 885
  • FO1.4 2.JPG
    FO1.4 2.JPG
    564.6 KB · Views: 830
  • FO1.4 3.JPG
    FO1.4 3.JPG
    561.7 KB · Views: 799
  • FO1.4 4.JPG
    FO1.4 4.JPG
    633.1 KB · Views: 785
Last edited:
First One v1.4 M modules finally arrived from production, few tests to be performed and a new group buy can start. :)

HD CFA, 230 W/4 Ohm, 33 semiconductors, same size, same price. ;)

Lazy Cat - For those of us new to this thread, and haven't read the entire thing yet, what modules are available and what is the price/module? I'm assuming these are little mono-blocks?

Thx.

Congrats! They look great!

R.
Thanks, yes they look even better as expected, the production line is new ERSA 10 m long. :cool:

Lazy Cat - For those of us new to this thread, and haven't read the entire thing yet, what modules are available and what is the price/module? I'm assuming these are little mono-blocks?

Thx.
Yes, First One v1.4 M module is 230 W/4 Ohm mono amplifier, current feedback type topology, real HD SQ performance, small footprint PCB of only 50 x 100 mm (40 mm total height, 2 mm FR4 PCB). This is true successor of v1.2 (few hundreds sold) since it fits to the same fixation holes on the heatsink, so an upgrade is really simple task, just a module replacement to v1.4 M.

M stands for medium power, there will be L and S modules released soon, 440 W/4 Ohm and 120 W/4 Ohm respectively.

Price and ordering info in post #1

Last edited:
Thanks, yes they look even better as expected, the production line is new ERSA 10 m long. :cool:

Yes, First One v1.4 M module is 230 W/4 Ohm mono amplifier, current feedback type topology, real HD SQ performance, small footprint PCB of only 50 x 100 mm (40 mm total height, 2 mm FR4 PCB). This is true successor of v1.2 (few hundreds sold) since it fits to the same fixation holes on the heatsink, so an upgrade is really simple task, just a module replacement to v1.4 M.

M stands for medium power, there will be L and S modules released soon, 440 W/4 Ohm and 120 W/4 Ohm respectively.

Price and ordering info in post #1
Thanks for the info. Are these modules designed specifically for 4 Ohm speakers, or will 8 Ohm do just fine?

I am planning to get this chassis (B3209A Full Aluminum Power amp Enclosure Power supply box /case L153-29 | eBay). Internal dimensions: Width 220mm Height 82mm Depth 300mm. I think I should be able to get 2x modules + a hypex SMPS1200A400 to power both ? I don't mind getting 2 chassis to build 2x monoblocks. I do require the chassis to be 320mm to match my current DAC and fit the space I have. I would also like 12V trigger in and out which I think the unit provides.

Will be interested to know what size the monoblocks will be. Will be very interested in a fully built amplifier as I am not confident enough to build it all on my own.

Thanks for the info. Are these modules designed specifically for 4 Ohm speakers, or will 8 Ohm do just fine?
8 Ohm will do just fine, less power delivered, less power dissipation, more relaxed work for the amp.
Lower power supply voltage PSU enables even 2 Ohm loads operation, output current is usually not an issue, considering not to exceed output mosfet's SOAR.

I am planning to get this chassis (B3209A Full Aluminum Power amp Enclosure Power supply box /case L153-29 | eBay). Internal dimensions: Width 220mm Height 82mm Depth 300mm. I think I should be able to get 2x modules + a hypex SMPS1200A400 to power both ? I don't mind getting 2 chassis to build 2x monoblocks. I do require the chassis to be 320mm to match my current DAC and fit the space I have. I would also like 12V trigger in and out which I think the unit provides.

Will be interested to know what size the monoblocks will be. Will be very interested in a fully built amplifier as I am not confident enough to build it all on my own.
Chassis is just perfect for stereo First One amp, even dual mono is possible with ease, meaning 2 FO + 2 SMPS1200A400 + 2 DC sense, which to my opinion is best solution. SMPS1200 enables remote standby/on operation.