• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

LF03s Fully-Discrete DIP8 Opamp for MyRef Rev C or similar

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
As the title says, this is an offer of the LF03s fully-discrete single opamp in DIP8 pinout, which can be used in a wide variety of applications. It is a direct plug-in upgrade for the DIP8 LM318 in a MyRef Rev C or similar.

There's more information at this thread:

http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/analog-line-level/207871-lf03-discrete-opamp-2.html#post3644366

The item being offered is the LF03s SMD single opamp, fully assembled and tested, at a price of USD 25 each + s&h + PayPal fees.

The LF03d (SMD dual opamp) is also available, fully assembled and tested, at a price of USD 50 each + s&h + PayPal fees.

If interested in either unit, please send a PM or email to me:
siva dot chander at gmail dot com.

It is a direct plug-in upgrade for the DIP8 LM318 in a MyRef Rev C or similar.

Sorry, I have to retract this claim - the LF03s is only marginally stable in a MyRef Rev C. It's not a direct plug-in replacement for the LM318, LF01 or LM318+LF07 in a MyRef Rev C for now.

It's still perfectly fine as a discrete upgrade to just about any bipolar-input DIP8 single opamp in just about any small-signal and live-level application, where its sonics are comparable to or better than almost any monolithic opamp.

Attachments

• lf03d_2_7x10.jpg
    lf03d_2_7x10.jpg
    104.7 KB · Views: 911
This looks like a great opamp.
Would it be suitable in the attached circuit I'm currently building?

The OPA627 (two singles - one per channel) is used as the i/v converter, and the OPA2134 is used as a 2nd order low pass filter.

Attachments

• pcm1704_sch.png
    pcm1704_sch.png
    54 KB · Views: 663
The lowest OPA2134 location looks like a tight fit, because of the connector below it as well as relatively low clearance to the OPA627 above it. However, it may possibly fit with the use of 1 or 2 stacked DIP8 socket(s) as a spacer at that location.

Alternatively, just use a monolithic for the LPF and discretes for the I/Vs only (the I/Vs are more critical for sonics).

i just purchased the LF03D opamp for my weiliang Ak4495 dac.

as with most users of the weiliang ak4495+ak4418, i too experienced some harshness and inconsistencies with the dac. with reviews and after speaking with siva (linuxguru) i decided to go with unit

its an easy installation - pull out the old opamp and pin this one in. whatever apprehensions i had with the dac were ironed out after this change. the sound is more dynamic and airy now. there was a slight flabbiness around the edges previously which is now tightened up, also resulting in better sound separation. and overall it sounds much more refined and smoother now. and whatever inconsistencies that were there previously have now gone away. definitely worth the upgrade. the inconsistencies used to stand out previously and now im enjoying the music a lot more. it has brought a lot more balance to the overall sound.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.