• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

Amplifier Modules and PCBs For Sale

Status
Not open for further replies.
Okay, so I got the ferrite beads on the gate resistors, closest to mosfet, no difference, I noticed that the 0r3 resistors on positive rail heated up, so it's the 9240 that are the problem, also heard the indicator hissing, I poked around with a variable capacitor to ground and set in pf range, I was able to reduce oscillation but not eliminate it, heatsink is grounded in case you were wondering, what's the next logic thing to do?

D

Deleted member 148505

Can you short out ground lift resistor again? (attached pic) Then check for oscillations.
If it still does, if you have a 1206 47 ohms and 100pf, you can series them on gate and drain of 9240.

Attachments

• 20200316_150838.jpg
    20200316_150838.jpg
    814.4 KB · Views: 335
D

Deleted member 148505

I can try, but I just don't get why it's acting up, what is the function of c4 c5 . The other modules work fine just this one with other mosfet, would it help to increase value of gate resistor, make it less prone to oscillation, say 100 ohm?

C4-C5 is for bootstrap current source.

Can you put 100pf on base-collector of Q9 and Q10?

On SKA GB150D thread, some are experiencing oscillations when 10 ohms ground lift is placed on the circuit.

I will try your proposals as soon as I get some free time, I'm not one of the lucky who are forced to stay home because of corona.
Will theese implementations affect sound quality..?
I will check out that thread, been reading on biguns thread TGM7 he made a version of ska150 and he did also have oscillation trouble.

D

Deleted member 148505

UPS through Air21 was able to deliver my package yesterday.

I was able to assemble my IRCore350M with PQ2617BHA and my TPA3255 with 1D17A output inductors. I will test them soon.

Attachments

• IMG_9546lr.jpg
    IMG_9546lr.jpg
    214.5 KB · Views: 269
  • IMG_9547LR.jpg
    IMG_9547LR.jpg
    206.1 KB · Views: 251
Soft Start PCB Board - more info please !

Visit my eBay page for PCBs and Handcrafted Assembled Modules: <click here>

Other modules

Soft Start / Power On Delay
An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

Hi, is there discussion on your soft start circuit ? I'm looking to see if it would fit my needs.

I will be building a dual-monaural amp, probably with two 200VA transformers. From recent reading on diyaudio and elsewhere, I'd like to apply the following design specs:

Ideally, low power consumption (5v, mA circuit?)
Power to activate relay is digital (on/off vs. slow voltage rise)
Adjustable bypass delay (e.g., 100ms to 300ms)
Low cost (as fully assembled and in use) (under $30 per board?)

Thanks in advance,
Paul

Hey JLesterP,

We've corresponded over email in the past, but I thought I would ask some questions here so others could benefit from the answers. A long while back I bought a pair of JLE-2000Ds for use as a subwoofer amp. I have a 1000va transformer with 2x55v secondaries. Speaker load will be a 4ohm subwoofer (likely 2ohm dual voice coils in series).

I am planning the input to the amp to be from a ADAU1701-based DSP (nanoDSP to be exact, a version of the FreeDSP project: https://www.diyaudio.com/forums/dig...ossover-suggestions-please-6.html#post4812991). This will take in a SE input from my preamp, perform the summing, LPF, and convert the signal to a differential signal to send to the amp.

I believe then with the differential signal, I can operate two modules bridged. Taking the non-inverted and inverted signals to separate JLE-2000D modules. Then taking the the + output from one module and - output for another and to my 4ohm speaker load. Does this sound correct?

My next question is will the 1000va transformer with 55v rails be sufficient to handle 2 bridged modules for a 4ohm load? What power handling should I expect in this setup? I'm planning on about 10mF capacitance for each rail, is this sufficient? Given the size of my transformer, would it be recommended to just go with a single module and SE input? I was hoping to be able to use a differential signal since the amp will be located across the room from my preamp.

Any other concerns with this setup? I noticed in the bridged diagram you sent me before there is a resistor in-line on the differential inputs, is that something that would be required?

Let me know what you think! It's always a joy to use your modules, your soft starts and speaker protect boards have become a mainstay in my amplifier builds and really looking forward to putting the JLE-2000D to use!

Thanks,
Greg

Status
Not open for further replies.